That was Quick

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

Retired already?

So the SpaceShipOne is hanging in the Smithsonian. I wonder if that was it for private space flight.

Talk about a flash in the pan. I thought that thing would be going up into space weekly. It looks like White Knight has had more flight time delivering high altitude doo-dads.

I do hope that they have a warehouse of these planes though, and that they aren't just going to start futzing about doing nothing.

thats pretty cool companies are wanting to offer space flights to the public. hell if i had the money to go on one of those flights, id do it in a heartbeat.

Quoted post[/post]]
weren't you telling people to go to school to become space ship mechanics???

Yeah, I still am. He's got to have a warehouse full of these things by now. The Virgin sponsorship showed good faith with the creation of Virgin Galactic.

This is prolly the best news for it - That means the first one is just a token now, and he's got something better in the works - Or, if things go at the pace they've been going, They are sitting on their asses collecting the fame before falling on their faces.

Dot-Com in space, basically.

shit i would go in a heart beat. Who wouldnt want to go into space. Im not saying that its the greatest thing in the world, because the greatest thing in the world is poon, but if the oppurtunity presented itself, backs would be packed already.

I wouldn't go into space. Its pointless, you would get a few min/hours of weightlessness and then you'd come back down. Whoopty doo. It wouldn't be cheap either, it'd be like $50,000 a ride. I think of a lot of better things to do with $50,000 than go into space.

Now if I had the chance to go to annther planet...thats a different story.

Quoted post[/post]]
I wouldn't go into space. Its pointless, you would get a few min/hours of weightlessness and then you'd come back down. Whoopty doo. It wouldn't be cheap either, it'd be like $50,000 a ride. I think of a lot of better things to do with $50,000 than go into space.

Now if I had the chance to go to annther planet...thats a different story.
i'd have to biggest crack party on the planet if i had 50k around. I mean that shit would be raining from the sky.

The Kitty Hawk got Orville Wright a couple hundred feet across a field.

It's not about what you can do now, With investment of time and efforts, we can be on other planet within OUR lifetimes.

Back