The Battle.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Well, the house that I moved into has an old...old...antique oil/fuel furnace....huge tank, about 275 gallons...and an ancient burner.....and since we moved in...it's been nothing but a headache...

first we had a problem with it not working the day we moved in...so I thought we was out of fuel...so I called a guy, and he said to fill it with about 10 gallons of deisel...and it started, and ran, and heated the house just fine...but the next day...it was dead and cold, so I got another 10 gallons of deisel, and then had a hot house. and since it was getting close to the time for the guy to come fill the tank...I went thru another 5 gallons.......so it consumes the fuel...at least what I thought.

The dude filled it, and it only took 200 gallons....so that maid me wonder why is was dieing all the time...so I asked the guy to go look at it, and he found the the nozzle was clogging up with carbon, and the igniter was not working, and the soot was everywhere...and the whole system needed a good cleaning. That's ok...I had no problem with that...but when I bought the house...I asked for the seller to do the cleaning...and they did...but within one week....it clogged up again, so I paid the guy another 200 bucks to re-clean the full system, and to trouble shoot the thing...and he said it was a relay panel. the water circulating CB would through , and the ignitor would throw....an just a lot of more BS...

So we had a few days of perfect operation...and then it went to the POS again...and this time we limped the ignition with a piece of crumpled newspaper and lit it with the lighter, and thru it in the fire pit, and then ran around to reset the fuel pump...and it would ignite, and run good again....but after the carbon came back...then it would cut off the cb for the fuel pump...blah blah blah...the BS goes on.

Well, today I tacled it after work....and did the same shit the other guy did....except this time, I was saving myself $200....hehe...

Took the nozzle out, scrapped the carbon and crap off, and shot and cleaned it up with some carb cleaner, and then re-installed it, and everything was fine....I hit the reset switch....and the fuel line was leaking, so I took the line off, looked at it, and just re-made the fittings, and re-flared them to be perfect....and then no more leaks....but this time...the water pump was not cranking...so I took it off...sprayed the crap out of me with hot water...and slowly took the motor apart...it looked fine, so I chopped up a power cord, and pluged it into the wall, and connected it to the motor...and the motor came alive....so now I know that I don't have to replace it, but the CB panel is the main problem......and I'll get a new set up, and all new wires the next time I go to Lowes....hehe...

Now for the fun....after everything was set...it was time to fire it up again....

well...the fuel pump came on...and was spraying the fuel in the burner area...and the pump was cranking real good for the water...and just as I was going to go around and light it with the newspaper trick...the actual self ignitor kicked on, and lite the flame...it kinda caught me by surprize...and I crapped my pants.....literally. Since the nozzle was clean again...it was flowing at 100%...and not the 15% as it was before...so that means more fuel in the burner area.....and more flame...and it flashed and cleared out the whole area....the flashover was so strong.......it blew the tiny door on the chiminy open, and putted out some soot. Now the thing settle down, I cleaned up a little, and decided to go outside for a cigg...and thats when I really laughed....It snowed last night,...and white crap is all over everything.......and the chiminy cleared itself...and now I have black spots everywhere on the snow....

This is going to be a fun winter :lol:

Next time you do something like that, Put something in the chimney for a mortar.

That must have looked hysterical from the outside .... WHOOMP! and then it showers ashes like a mini Mt St Helens.

-> Steve

:lmao:

Nice. Now just wait until the neighborhood kids come around and then fire it up again. Scare the shit out of them.

Yup...and thats not all...the kitchen used to have a stove that was connected to the chiminy....and it was plugged...well...that plug popped as well...and soot got all in the kitchen...I was cleaning it for a while a nd then whne to sleep....woke up...and the furnace is still a little baby...chugging along being a good little bitch.. :lol:

fuck wood, it makes the whole house smell, and the furnature...and everything else.

your post is too long

i just ate a milky way, but before i did, i noticed that the wrapper had "made in canada" written on it

Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Dec 20 2004, 05:43 PM
your post is too long

i just ate a milky way, but before i did, i noticed that the wrapper had "made in canada" written on it
[post=435037]Quoted post[/post]​

reason number 5454113564645 why canada rocks

bustout.gif

Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Dec 20 2004, 07:43 PM
[post=435037]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah u didnt know? :lol:

Originally posted by Airjockie@Dec 20 2004, 05:56 PM
the furnace is still a little baby...chugging along being a good little bitch.. :lol:
[post=435018]Quoted post[/post]​

I've never heard of a baby that was a good little bitch- they're usually a little whiney. :lol:

at least your keeping busy.... and having fun.
ahhh Lowes, thanks for helping me keep a job... hahah

Back