1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the dems are doing something good!!!

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Briansol, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

2. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

and in come the conspiracy theorists..."they just want to have a national id program and chart everybody's id, cars, and taxes"

good, ban the dmv. they have been ripping people off for years. unfortunately i think a government run program would increase the taxes on driving.

3. D16Civic

D16Civic Matt

The DMV is run by the government is it not?

The Speaker of the House here in Michigan just proposed putting all public employees under 1 health plan, which would potentially save the state like xx millions. He's a democrat, and of course all the unions, as well as the governor (a fellow democrat) have spoken out against it.

He may have committed political suicide, but you gotta give him credit for trying.

The state is so far in the red it's not even funny. They had to shut down state gov't for a couple days last year when they couldn't agree on a budget.

4. Briansol

DMV is state-run, gov't influenced. Kinda like interstate highways... the states maintain/plow/etc, but the fed funds it IF the state does things, like enforce emissions, etc.

5. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

i dont trust it

6. Briansol

sure, its not even fully proposed yet... just an idea. we shall see what happens.

7. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

seems dumb to me.
    they are going to shut down the dmv and put the responsibilities to ther agencies, meaning now, you are going to have to stop at 3 different places to get a license. 3 different places requiring 3 different fees. and these agencies are probably already understaffed and over worked, so you will be waiting even longer than before.

and put license renewals in malls?
    yeah, not a chance in hell i would go into a mall where they are paying people off the street bullshit money, probably no background check, and no care of anything else, and give them ALL of my personal information.

its stupid.
    and im not seeing a benefit here.

8. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

:withstupid:

this seems like an even bigger epic fail than the DMV already is

9. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

B makes me laugh. Since when does the GOVT ever improve something?

Things are only going to get WORSE and MORE expensive for members of CT.

10. Briansol

our GOP governor is doing pretty good actually. she keeps veto'ing everything stupid dems pass through the houses. lol

11. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

well then, she should be veto'ing this pretty soon.

B, whats the benefit here?

12. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

This just means that the Department of Public safety will add more requirements for manufacturers making cars more expensive, heavier and less efficient. The Department of Environmental Protection will make emissions standards higher for new vehicles netting even more expense and even less efficiency (fewer emissions, but burning more gas :roll:). And finally, the Department of Consumer Protection will add expensive fees to your licensing and registration to "protect" everyone, basically a state run insurance (scam) policy. All said and done, you'll spend more time, pay more money, and all the money you spend will just expand an already inflated bureaucracy. Government never shrinks. Ever.

13. Briansol

personally, i'd like to see the whole DMV abolished. it's a complete waste of an agency entirely.

There's 0 reason why you shouldn't be able to register a car online, print a temp plate, and get your real plate in the mail 5 biz days later.

emissions is a joke.
    inspection is a joke.

license pics--- why not just go to the post office like you have to do for passports?

14. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Will never happen.

15. D16Civic

D16Civic Matt

You can't renew a registration online in CT?

In MI, we can renew plates, licenses, etc, via interweb or thru the mail, and we don't have emissions regulations or inspections.

I think the only time you HAVE to got the "DMV" so to speak, is to transfer vehicle ownership, change address, and register to vote.

We call it the "Secretary of State" instead of the DMV.

16. Briansol

renew, yes, its done through the mail.

but you cannot register a new car online.

voter reg is done at city hall. its not part of the dmv.

17. D16Civic

D16Civic Matt

Yeah, I get that. The secretary of state is sort of 1 stop shopping for all of that stuff.

If you buy a new car here though, no trip to the sec of state is required. It's all handled through the dealership. Plates, insurance, etc.

We used to have emissions testing, but it's been about 15 years I would say.

18. Airjockie

Airjockie Watanabe Whore!!!

why do I have a feeling that B wrote this...???

anonymous_user The DMV in it's entirety is a complete waste of time, money, and all the rest. Registering a car should be able to be done online, and plates shipped out within 2 biz days. Dropping a reg would be as simple as filling out a form and mailing in the plates. Inspections are useless. We have inspection now, and i STILL see un roadworthy vehicles, SUV's with far under-inflated tires, and other safety issues that would never pass inspection. But, they are still on the road anyway, so why bother trying to enforce it? Emissions-- another complete joke. Waste of time and $20. IMO, if your car is 1992 (obd1) or newer, you shouldn't need to go to emissions more than once-- at time of registration. License/pics can be taken at kiosks as suggested, or even in the post office. Hell, submit a passport photo to the DMV website, and get your new license in the mail a few days later.

19. Briansol

20. corvetteguy78

corvetteguy78 Well-Known Member VIP

\

ROFL good shit B

yeah DMV is pointless....they didn't even mail me my reg renewal this year and i got a ticket last week and had to go to DMV..i was like yeah i got a ticket because you guys never sent me a renewl notifcation which they are suppose to do 30 days before it expires, the lady just looked at me and was like whats your plate number, ok 75 dollars please + 20 in late reg fees so 95 total, on top of that i plead not guilty to the ticket and now will have to take time off work to go to court which is more money out of my pocket....

FUCK THE DMV....And B is right, there is no reason why EVERYTHING can't be done online.....and they can mail you your shit

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted