The Drive to School

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DazedCivic99

Most people go off to school with no troubles and start off on a good foot, mine drive down to school was anything but. I drive a two door civic and i was planning on straping the Surfboard to the roof to take down, well the rack that i use leaks and it was raining a little bit, so the inside of my car was moist. I was drive along I10 and a Florida State Trooper pulls out behind me and pulls me over i was going about 5 over at the time following my parents. All the cop wanted to do was check the tint on my windows which was no where close to too dark. Further along the road my surfboard starts catching are and lifting off on the roof of my car, so we switch that to the truck. Then we were about a hour and a half out of Melbourne, where my school is located, and i was coming to the end of construction and my rear passenger tire, inner tire well basically desentigrates (?) and i have to pull over to change to the spare, we get off the highway at that exit and luckly there was a tire place 6 miles down the road. the place doesn't usually keep the tire i have in stock but someone ordered two and never came for them so i got one of them. Then the morning i was to check into school the battery in the truck went bad. But now everything is fine and it is fun down here.

Cliffs Driving to school SUCKED

i never did like periods and english lol i also hate english that is why i what to be an engineer

maybe its a sign not to go to school at FIT, assuming that is florida institute of technology? never heard of it..

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 20 2003, 08:59 PM
maybe its a sign not to go to school at FIT, assuming that is florida institute of technology? never heard of it..

Milan

I think it was a sign not to come here. A sign to stay home with my girlfriend and not leave friends. But the signs have stopped and i am enjoying it here.
The school is located in Melbourne, Florida. From what the professors are saying the school is growing fast. Florida Tech has only been open since 1945, so comparing it to FSU it is a young school. It is a small school with help where ever and whenever you need it, that is one of the reasons why i chose it. The Army ROTC program here at the school is on of the better ones in Florida and in the South.

:( Sounds like a bad trip to school, but atleast you're having fun once you got there.

i think all that happened due to lack of downforce on the civic and the aerodynamics. you need to get a big front splitter, extra wide fenders and two big wings(one for the roof so the air will go over the surfboard and the other for the trunk).

j/k. that must have sucked royaly.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Aug 21 2003, 02:54 PM
i think all that happened due to lack of downforce on the civic and the aerodynamics. you need to get a big front splitter, extra wide fenders and two big wings(one for the roof so the air will go over the surfboard and the other for the trunk).

j/k. that must have sucked royaly.

lol i used the reason of my surfboard not working on my car correctly trying to get a new car. it didnt work yet, i am going to keep trying

You live in Melbourne?? I will get up with you, I could use your help for something if you are interested.

Originally posted by tedwright@Aug 21 2003, 04:11 PM
You live in Melbourne?? I will get up with you, I could use your help for something if you are interested.

sometime i suppose but right now since just starting school and the activities in the beginning are a lot, what do you need help with

yeah the school that i just graduated from "FAU" opened it's doors in the 60's and now we have somewhere around 30k students, but the majority of the students are commuters and we do have like 7 big campus's.

Milan

Back