The investment is starting to produce....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
due to the striking unions and corporate shmucks...I have some time to play with the toy....teh blaster!!!!!11!1

DSC00036.JPG

DSC00037.JPG

DSC00038.JPG

DSC00039.JPG

DSC00040.JPG

DSC00041.JPG

DSC00042.JPG

and more to do.....

DSC00043.JPG

But its making to much dust for the garage...so now I got to plan building an addition to the rear of the garage for the blaster, air compressor, and the parts washer....and room to hang unused parts and a place to park and lock up the lawn mower....

damn my V/C and intake manny look sweet :p i got the loot for the intake for ya man

If this thing can bring me a tad bit of money....then I'll be happy....plus if it gets my old fleet back on the road...then I'll be really happy.... :p

very nice

i would suggest plastic sheeting enclosure for short term dust control...
and watch the filter on your compressor

looks great though

what media are you using?

Quoted post[/post]]
is that an ls valve cover i see there? ill take it off your hands if you want to get rid of it
:mad: thats my LS v/c!!! no for sale as soon as my hot pink hi temp painte comes in then i will be on my car!!! :laugh:

and the intke mannny is mine to clay i got the loot for it i just got to getback over there, i got another LS intake many for ya nd a 96 ex v/c for ya to add to the work line :p

Nothing says "Get outta my way" like a pink valve cover.

Or was that "We're here, We're Queer" I forget.

lookin good clayton!

a few setups ive seen have a vac that feeds into the cabinet to eliminate that roaming dust. maybe hook up your shop vac to it somehow? just empty the sand back in afterwards.

The going rate for a wheel locally...at shops they charge like $25 a rim, same amount of time to do a valve cover...granted...I'm no huge shop, so I can't compete on the level they do with a $4000+ sandblaster set up...mines still under $1700....but...after playing around with guns, and media...I got something set up to blast away the fine stuff and leave a glossy-ish finish. Right now I'm using a smaller tipped gun, and medium-fine glass beads...and the dust left with the glass is super fine, so if it does happen to get into an engine, then it will just have a polishing effect on items until it gets to the oil filter. The 4age engine block I did, failed misserably because I was useing playground sandbox sand....and a few grains found their way into some journals...and toasted that motor, but I also built that motor in a confined space, no room to do anything, and not enough tools to do the job right. So after a few years later, I got the garage, a real blaster, and a real air commpressor to actually do the job right. Frank is tryuing to get a powdercoating set-up for us, and I'll also have all the other tools onhand to do port and polishing, honeing, and measure everything and put engines back together. We just did Walters engine...and so far it's past 3000 miles, a drop oil oil from the oil pan, and the rest will be history after two more days.
I'm going to make a plastic cover for the blaster and hook up the shop vac with a 20 foot hose to the outside.

Back