the joys of selling a car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dude, selling the WRX has been nightmare after nightmare .. just like this

Sign says "$13,800"

Guy comes to look at it. Complains that whenever it gets close to the side of the road, it drifts to the right. Get it close to the left side of the road, it drifts off to the left.

Then he says "Well, yeah it's good shape. And I'm thinking somewhere in the range of $8000. Can we work out a deal from there?"
"From $8000?"
"Yeah"
"That's about half what I want"
"Well... it DOES pull.."

"Will you take payments?"
"Yes"
"Oh ok.. you wanna do a weekly thing or a monthly thing or what?"
"1 easy payment"

"If you want to drive it slowly and within reason, you can. If you want to see what it can do, I will drive. If you want to drive it fast yourself, I'll require a $10,000 cash deposit and I will hold it for 60 days"
"I don't have $10,000"
"Then why are you even here?"

Ahhaaha dealing with the general public is ridiculous. I love people that are constantly trying to haggle.

I remember when I sold the SI, I treid every thing

Base Car lot
Online listenings
Auto Trader

NOTHING!

Then one day after work I parked it at an Albertson's with a For Sale sign in the windshield. I got a call from the buyer four hours later...

Just find someone like egproject to buy your car and have no problems at all

the guy selling that Lotus called me this morning. I guess the guy that has been trying for months to actually purchase the car backed out.

so the guy called me back:

"I didn't ask before, but how much did you want for the Esprit, now that it's off ebay?"

"Eighteen Thousand, Five hundred"

"Hmm... Yeah. I'll trade you my 02 WRX Wagon. Mint condition. otherwise I'll have to sell it and then see what we can work out."

"Really? What do you want for the WRX?"

"...... Twenty Two Thousand."

"Hmm.. ok, I'll think about that."

"Cool, talk to you later !"

Back