The Matrix is black

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
Thats right!!! Last weekend I finally got off my ass and put the Matrix back together :)

When I was pulling the trans I couldnt pop the drivers axle out, but the trans was easy to take out with it in so I said screw it. WELL, I get the tranny out and start working the axle out of it and notice a BIG hole in the metal housing thats up against the tranny!!! I moved the axle in and out a lil and that spot is right where on of the 3 ears is on the axle. That explains the weird wobble I had under acceleration. Too bad I had to remove the tranny to find that out :lmao: Thats the story of my life......I thought the Neon tranny died, pulled it out, it was a stupid pin on the shift lever!

Anyway, it was so nice to drive it around a bit. I mashed the gas and braced myself a lil for the takeoff.......it didnt TAKEoff :lol: Its so slow now :( Makes me want to turbo it again.....

We may keep the SpecV since the baby seat fits just as well in it as it does in the Matrix. SO, Recked.....Maybe we'll do bags after all :D

And Hi guys!! :) Been awhile since I posted......

Another note: I've been building a Turbo Matrix XRS for a friend, thats the model with the Celica GTS 2zz engine. 11.5CR and 8400RPM. He bought a Hass turbo kit but about 90% of it was junk IMO. So we ended up going mostly custom on everything. turboXRS.com The piping is a lil different now, we bought a CAI and used that for the pipe in the engine bay. All the other piping is hidden and the turbo is mounted at the bottom of the engine in the rear :ph34r:

nice to see you back. what did you do to fix the hole? sounds like that turbo set up is nice.

ok, he's been acting up lately at the new daycare. so i've benn kinda stressed out over. my parents are taking him for the weekend cause i need a break. gonna try to put the new clutch in the prelude this weekend. chaning a clutch and flywheel on the ground FTL

He has an aquamist kit (meth injection) but we may not use it. A company called MWR does only 1zz and 2zz engines, they've pushed a bone stock 2zz to 400+whp with the same size turbo we're using. My buddy only wants to run 5-7psi normally and then make a tune for high octane and 9-10psi for the track.

Typically turbo'd 2zz's make 250-300whp safely.

Back