The new ride

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohch22a4

Well, I traded the GSR Civic for this and a thousand bucks cash.
GSRChris007.jpg

Hotness
GSRChris006.jpg

That's da butt
GSRChris005.jpg

Sprinter tails
GSRChris003.jpg

OOPS! I see a blacktop 20v!
GSRChris002.jpg

Ahhhhh...
GSRChris001.jpg

Yeah, they're ITB's. No, I don't know where the velocity stacks are.

So yeah, that's the new bucket. A little TLC from the AE86 doctor and she'll be hot. And yes, the waterlines are ziptied to the valvecover. This guy was a total asshat.

Rims002.jpg

This is my buddy Erik's AE86. Very nice. He also has skills to back up the goofy JDM rims and all.

Anyhow he has all this done:
-AE92 high compression block (10.6:1)
-Large port head, slightly machined
-Dual exhaust cams (sounds like a dumb idea, but it makes power)
-Toysport TRD knockoff header
-Generic cone filter from an MA70 Supra
-2 1/4 crush bent garbage into Tanabe shitcan, no resonator, it sounds like a drowning duck
-SSR Colins
-Advan ES100's
-KYB shortstroke AGX's (SW20 fronts, Camaro rears. They dont make em for the 86 anymore, but these fit fine)
-TRD springs 6kg front 4.7kg rear
-Battleversion negative roll center adjusters
-T3 strut tube spacers
-AW11 MR2 drivers seat
-interior gutted like a dead fish
-OEM LSD with 40k miles, filled with thick fucking royal purple snot, it locks HARD

He also has brembo rotors, pbr metalmaster pads, new master cyl, braided lines, anda new tranny and illegal racing garage clutch going in on sunday. It's a hot little car and it performs very well.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Sep 25 2004, 02:54 AM

GSRChris005.jpg

Sprinter tails
[post=394532]Quoted post[/post]​

heh... i saw this and was like, oh no airjockie sold the corolla!!

but then i saw the motor, and was relieved. :D

Congrats on the car....It looks sweet. ;) B)

Nice Car!!!

Originally posted by 90 accord@Sep 25 2004, 02:21 AM
awsome!! any idea on the power output of the motor?
[post=394538]Quoted post[/post]​

i heard(on club4ag) the Black Top and Silver Tops are around 100whp.

100whp? That's the blue and red top motors that originally came in the AE86's. The Blacktop is 165 at the crank and should dyno around 135-145 at the wheels with my bolt ons. HachiRoku.net is having a dyno day meet pretty soon so I'll know for sure then.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Sep 27 2004, 06:35 PM
100whp? That's the blue and red top motors that originally came in the AE86's. The Blacktop is 165 at the crank and should dyno around 135-145 at the wheels with my bolt ons. HachiRoku.net is having a dyno day meet pretty soon so I'll know for sure then.
[post=395461]Quoted post[/post]​

do a search around club4ag(couldve been some other forum). there was a guy that swapped a 20v 4ag and when he dynoed it he got around 100whp, then Bill Sherwood said thats the normal... they say the main problem is the ecu; it runs too rich. moto-p(club4ag webmaster) says that of 3 of 4 engines hes setup, they gets 120whp with a AE101/ AE111 ecu; and with a freedom ecu his car gets 140whp...

That would make sense, considering the car runs rich. :)

Maybe I'll have to tune it out with an SAFC or something. I do know that it feels way faster than stock hachirokus that should dyno around 100. Maybe 120? who knows.

a gsr hatch for that and $1000? you're nuts...

buts anyway... enjoy trying to get it sideways. IMO, its one of the worst drifters around. too short of a wheel base = nothing or spin, no power = no power overs... other than that, its a fun little bitch.

:)

Originally posted by 90 accord@Sep 25 2004, 02:21 AM
awsome!! any idea on the power output of the motor?

how about some side shots of the car? :)
[post=394538]Quoted post[/post]​

stock = a tire melting 115hp. . . .

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Sep 26 2004, 10:35 PM
i like the 1 HKS camgear.

get it fixed and bring it over here, so i can see it. NOW!!!!
[post=395054]Quoted post[/post]​

lol thats the first thing I noticed.

Looks good :thumbsup:

Well, the intake cam is controlled by VVT-i, son. That shit'll make you fast liek VtEcH, lol.

The 20valve dynos at around 150-155 tuned on Megasquirt. Megasquirt is only like 140 bucks for the works and I can tune on my laptop. That'll be quite enough power to get some angle.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Oct 23 2004, 02:52 AM
Brian, I think you're nuts. The AE86 goatse drifts all over your face. :)

Vid coming soon. :ph34r:
[post=406422]Quoted post[/post]​

nigga please. :D

i still think you got ripped off. :) but good uck with the car.

Yeah, any sane person says I got ripped off. And I have to say that on paper, it looks that way. It'll be out of the shop tomorrow or the next day and I'll have after pics shortly thereafter.

I do miss my Civic a bit, though. :(

Back