The official HalfLife 2 thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

As some of you probably know, Half-Life 2 releases tomorrow. I personally have the entire mofo preloaded and preordered via steam for my gaming pleasure tomorrow evening. Any of you guys preorder/plan to buy it? Halo 2 seemed to have quite a welcome, just wondering if everyone is anticipating HL2. I personally will be satisfied if it simply matches the innovation in plot and gameplay elements that the first one brought to the table.

It's 3 years old... it's in serious need of an upgrade. Doom3 is painful on it.

GF4 Ti4200 128MB, overclocked to something I can't remember
P4 2.0 @ 2.5
512MB PC3500 DDR

So really not that bad considering I built it over 3 years ago, but I need about $3k for the upgrades that I want to make to it. I know it will run HL2, but not as well as I would want it to.

looks awesome, i built my machine recently so i will be fine running it.
amd64
1gb
x800pro

if you like this then there is a game coming out in march you guys would like called f.e.a.r.

mine will need some 100 parts... but i dont think im gonna get it. my friend who never uses his comp is getting it thru steam.. i might play it...but im more of a css guy.

Yeah, Calesta, your comp will play it fine - just get that dinosaur videocard out of there y0 :thumbsup:

F.E.A.R. and STALKER: The Chernobyl Project both look good too.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Nov 15 2004, 03:03 PM
Yeah, Calesta, your comp will play it fine - just get that dinosaur videocard out of there y0 :thumbsup:
[post=417160]Quoted post[/post]​

I know- it needs a serious upgrade. I'm a hard core speed junkie though, so "acceptable" graphics just aren't good enough for me. I'm going to upgrade pretty much everything but the chassis and a few of the hard drives this time.

Yeah I am not sure if my PC will run it, as it is a P4 2.8, with an ATI 9600, and 512mb of ram. Plus I have not booted it in windows in over 3 months now. lol. I really want to play this game, but not sure if I want to deal with windows, or if the system requirements will allow me. I do not have the cash now to upgrade my secondary computer.

Your PC will run it. Just to put this baby to bed, the minimum requirements are:

P4/AMD 1.5 GHz
256MB memory
64MB DirectX7 :shocked: or better videocard
DirectX compatible soundcard
like 4 gigs hdd space

Keep in mind these are bare minimums. The game obviously scales okay to support a DX7 card. :lol:

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer+Nov 15 2004, 04:55 PM-->
Yeah I am not sure if my PC will run it, as it is a P4 2.8, with an ATI 9600, and 512mb of ram. Plus I have not booted it in windows in over 3 months now. lol. I really want to play this game, but not sure if I want to deal with windows, or if the system requirements will allow me. I do not have the cash now to upgrade my secondary computer.
[post=417221]Quoted post[/post]​

You'll be fine. You're in much better shape than I am. ;)

Battle Pope
@Nov 15 2004, 05:04 PM
Keep in mind these are bare minimums. The game obviously scales okay to support a DX7 card. :lol:
[post=417226]Quoted post[/post]​

Eh, of course- but that's running like 640x480 with no eye candy. Where's the fun in that? :lol:

that's still higher res than xbox or ps2 (non hdtv games)

got it preloaded, but i have a huge test to take tomorrow, so i can't stay up til midnight and play once it unlocks. tomorrow after classes, i'll be playing nonstop.

Originally posted by Prowler@Nov 15 2004, 08:04 PM
that's still higher res than xbox or ps2 (non hdtv games)
[post=417343]Quoted post[/post]​

Nah, the X and PS2 render at 640x480. They both have straight VGA outputs, right?

I'm ready for the release in 4 hrs....

Dual Xeon 3.0gHz
Gig DDR333
Radeon 9800 pro128

Bringit bitch!

Originally posted by Prowler@Nov 15 2004, 10:39 PM
but your standard tv produces less resolution
[post=417434]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, it does- but the system is still rendering to a 640x480 standard. The TV output just converts it down.

I unlocked it this morning... Gonna play it like a mofo tonight.

Back