The Right Alarm for Me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tab

Super Moderator
Pretty self explanitory. I need an alarm. I am contemplating doing it myself to save dough. Should I buy all the stuff or have it done?
Also, if I do it myself, which alarm should I use(I am hoping for specific model #'s here), and which accessories to make it all work?
I definitely want the remote start, blinking lights, siren, and automatic lock shit. I am open to trunk poppers, hood/trunk switches, tilt switch, and any other just plain good ideas. I do not like proximity bullshit, I have not seen one work perfectly yet, personal experience.

Thanks in advance.

I have a super cheap pyramid alarm that does most of the above functions, plus I wired in a hood switch so that if my hood is popped and the alarm is armed it goes off lights flash yadda yadda. It has a function for power locks, i just do not have them as i have a 4th gen civic. The only thing it does not do is pop the trunk. I have a starter kill, and I am in the process of figuring out a fuel cut switch of some sort and hiding the switch so that i cannot bump it or so that a theif cannot find it. I recommend going to a car stereo place of a circuit city and see what they have to offer. I went to circuit city when they had some deal for a pyramid alarm that was 50 bucks with free installation. It was the cheapest one they were offering and I am really happy with it. My only problem was with the phucker who installed it, as I told him to get me before he started drilling any holes, and of course he just started drilling my interior with out telling me, or asking me where i wanted my blinking light, so i had to add another one later on as the light was not visable enough.

Back