The Right Tires For Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok , I'm tired of hearing the arguing about which tire is the right tire for the 2door accord . From my experience running accords, there heavy as shit first of all. So the side walls need to be on a stronger level. Some would say "stay with the stock 15 wheels . well since that only lets you get a 205/60/15 on there. I say not wide enough to run the big beast . Just the other day I drove a nice accord with 330 hp . Turbocharged with 20psi. The guy had 245/45/16 Avon Tech ra tires. Well, first time running on these competition slicks. Heating them up took no time at all. Going through some nice long corners and cliff hanging S turns . these tires were remarkable !!! At 125 in a corner posted with a 45mph sign. And ripping the parkway to pieces, the steering response was unbelievable .

Who on here has raced accords ? Whats your opinion about these tires ? I heard these tires weight 23 lbs . But other competition tires weight 20, 19, and 21 lbs . Why are these heavier. MORE STEEL ? Is the total wieght of all four tires going to make a difference on acceleration on a car with less hp?

well alot goes into taking a corner at 125...not just the tire. there has to be a lot of suspension work done to that car, not to mention weight reduction. if your car is stock there is no need to be buying nice tires....and if you are looking for slicks m&h and mickey thompson are some of the better all out slicks

Back