The Shakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxjdm34

well, i have a 91 crx with a 1st gen b16a. my problem is that it shakes like theres no tomarrow. i just put new rota's on & balanced them, so its not that. the shop that put my axles in said that there was a little play in the intermiadte shaft but shouldn't be a big problem. on the left side (if in car) i have a integra axle(90-93) but on the other side i have a del sol axle. the car seems to be thumping really bad when making right turns, but if i make a left turn the car is smooth, it shakes pretty bad when driving straight :angry: . hope i explained myself ok.
help please!!! i havn't driving my crx for a year now :( , and i'm sooo close!

as far as i know its a B16 intermediate shaft, part number is, this might be incorrect, #44500sr3j01. if i have the wrong intermediate shaft how would this cause the car to shake the hardest when turning right? :huh:

I've heard of people having problems with them popping out of the tranny (on the passengerside,or out of the joint at the intermediate),I assume because they are too short.I also was having a really bad "thumping" sound,but it was when there was no torque on the drivetrain.I ordered new axles (made for hybrids from Raxles),so hopefully that will fix it as I think I had the wrong one's or they were busted.I don't know the part number you need,but the info I have read says use the 90-93 teg axles and intermidiate shaft.

Back