The Verdict

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

Well I got a speeding ticket back in June of 07. It was for doing 57 in a 40 zone, supposedly. Anyway, Ive been pushing it back and appealing and just stretching it so the cop would forget facts and hopefully not show up.

Anyway, it was at 9:30 this morning and it was an interesting trip. At first I was pretty nervous because I havent really stepped into a court room before. But before I did, I was waiting with a grip of people and I decided to kill time by finding out why people were there.

A 20 something asian dude was there for doing 85 in a 25 zone. I think he had a Civic. Another older looking asian guy with glasses was there for doing 120 on the freeway. Had a really nice Porsche Carerra 4S parked up front. Apparently, he was heading home after track day at Thunderhill in Willows and probably got stuck in one of those weird feelings like when you get off the high way and youre going 50 but feels like 20 in a 40 zone, kinda thing. $2000 fine. Lastly, a white guy, early 20s, was there for doing 110 on the freeway.

As we're talking, a parking cop pulls up right infront of court house and tags the white guy's black 07 charger. Gets a ticket for double parking and was about to get the black porsche, but the asian dude moved it in time. So white dude gets a traffic ticket for going into to pay for a traffic ticket, talk about a shitty day.

Anyway, about 45 minutes later they called me up. Cop is no show, so judge says bail will be refunded since no evidence on me and sends me home. I guess my strategy paid off.

Cliff Note:
-Ticket in June 07. I kept pushing it back till now
-Talk to some guys with speeding tickets that were doing excess of 100mph
-Guy talking to gets a ticket while waiting for to pay for ticket
-Cop no show, I win case.

Back