The war with North Korea

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have nukes, we won't attack. They could, and probably will use nukes on the US if we attack them. If Bush attacks them, I dont care if its the middle of the semester, I'm out of here.

5 man S.E.A.L. Team is all we need. Maybe some "Splinter Cell" type action. On shot to the leaders head. Plant some evidence from ohh say the Russians or somthin. Quick and Clean.

well...we are one step close to total world distruction

Originally posted by Drake@May 9 2005, 12:29 PM
5 man S.E.A.L. Team is all we need. Maybe some "Splinter Cell" type action. On shot to the leaders head. Plant some evidence from ohh say the Russians or somthin. Quick and Clean.
[post=496982]Quoted post[/post]​

ya im sure that will solve everything :roll:

well, if they start a war, i think im gonna up and move to another country, cuz nukes will be flying our way.
they definitely need to talk, and possibly send in some marines, seals, etc... to steal(u know, get them away from the koreans) the nukes. all's they know about is 6, but how many do they really have?

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@May 9 2005, 08:07 PM
well, if they start a war, i think im gonna up and move to another country, cuz nukes will be flying our way.
[post=497024]Quoted post[/post]​

If a nuclear war starts, you won't have time to move.

I guess not many of you remember the cold war huh?

The fact I live in the closest main city to N.Korea kind of freaks me out...

Didn't Kerry want to completely disregard North Korea?

hmmm, mossad much?
make war through deception...

I think trying to stop other countries from getting nukes is an impossible task. It also makes me understand why other countries may dislike the U.S. They see the nukes as equalizers on the global scale and we don't want anyone else to have them.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think any country should have them, however to quote Agent Smith, It is...inevitable. I find that I am torn over world conflicts. One part of me feels that we should just destroy all of the middle east. I feel that if they had weapons capable they would do no less to us. I feel that you should do no more or less to your enemies than what they would do to you. I mean they will willingly destroy themselves (suicide bombers) to harm us, and they are applauded. So one would believe that they would openly nuke us, knowing their destruction would be assured.
The other half of me believes that this is not the way to go. I feel that we should break off our dependence on anyone for any resource. Perhaps push harder for the hydrogen economy. Let the people who are incapable of governing themselves, helping themselves, and basically unable to stand on their own be wiped from the earth. If people want to live under the boot of a tyrant, let them. It's not our fight. It's like giving money to a bum, he isn't gonna work if he can make the equivalent begging.
I am not worried about N. Korea having nukes. I don't think the country is inhabited by religious fanatics whose definition of their religion involves the destruction of the western world. Our government won't challenge them. We didn't go to war in Iraq because of WMD's. We went to war because of oil and the importance of it to our economy. America consumes 25% of the worlds oil and we only have 3% of the world's population. (www.nrdc.org) I think we will basically be in the middle east until the oil is gone and then we'll stick our nose in some other countries business that has oil, perhaps Argentina? Basically the destruction of the human race by nuclear war seems inevitable to me. Pandora's Box was opened and it can never be closed. How long can you stifle other countries? In 1-2 hundred years everyone will know how to build nukes. What do we do then? I guess we can hope that society as a whole has scaled Maslo's hierarchical ladder of human needs and reached the level of self-actualization......

http://www.dean.usma.edu/math/activities/c...sm/501maslo.htm

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@May 9 2005, 02:07 PM
[post=497024]Quoted post[/post]​

Not if we build that darn missile defence system!

if we dont do anything, i bet nothing will happen. They wont attack us cuz they know we'll nuke them back.... and we wont nuke them cuz theyll nuke us back... Cuban Missle Crisis part deux??

Originally posted by Blanco@May 9 2005, 03:08 PM
Much like Bush has done over the past four years?
[post=497043]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, but if I remember correctly, Kerry wanted to completely disregard North Korea, because they weren't a threat at all.

Hippie.

My previous comment aside this is my serious opinion. I feel that since 9/11 the current wars in Iraq and Afganastan ect. These events have made us a parinoid people. The terror level never drops below Yellow it seems. I agree with the people that say they wont Nuke us because for every one they send our way we have five going there way. I really hope that this can be worked out diplomaticly. One other factor that might stop North Korea is the fact that we have a ground force present in that area of the world. If we do start shooting nukes at each other that will be the end game I feel. The world will just fall into diss array. Not because the United States is gone but look at all the other countries that will be affected. Canada, Mexico, S. Korea well the East in general really. If the shit does hit the fan its gonna hit it hard.

Originally posted by civicious+May 9 2005, 06:31 PM-->
@May 9 2005, 03:08 PM

Yeah, but if I remember correctly, Kerry wanted to completely disregard North Korea, because they weren't a threat at all.

Hippie.
[post=497106]Quoted post[/post]​

No, in the debates, he was saying how it was almost hipocritical because bush was going after Iraq under speculation, but bush was just watching North Korea when it was much more probible that they had WMDs

Originally posted by asmallsol+May 9 2005, 08:04 PM-->
Originally posted by civicious@May 9 2005, 06:31 PM
Blanco
@May 9 2005, 03:08 PM

Hippie.
[post=497106]Quoted post[/post]​

No, in the debates, he was saying how it was almost hipocritical because bush was going after Iraq under speculation, but bush was just watching North Korea when it was much more probible that they had WMDs
[post=497148]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh. Well there you go then.

:shrug2:

the only thing that will stop the world from going into a nuclear war (or at least hold it off for a while) is the same thing that kept the cold war at bay
M.A.D.

Mutually Assured Destruction

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@May 9 2005, 12:27 PM
If they have nukes, we won't attack. They could, and probably will use nukes on the US if we attack them. If Bush attacks them, I dont care if its the middle of the semester, I'm out of here.
[post=496981]Quoted post[/post]​

We and China are the only nations capable of launching nukes overseas. Basically no one except for China can deliver a nuke here via a launcher, it would have to be shipped over and then detonated.

Years until they develope such a sophisticated missile delivery system, unless they have the funds to buy the information from China to build one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back