The Worst Possible wiring problem!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cavi&civic

My friend has a 92 civic si with a d16z6 engine. When my friend bought the car it had a d16z6 w/ a broken crank. He took it back and they replaced the engine and in the process screwed up the wiring harness. They cut the wiring harness and wired it to a obd0 ecu for an si civic/crx. The problem is they didnt do it right. ( or atleast the car ran in safe mode)

Without the wires in the correct position it was impossible to match them up the the right location on the p28 ecu. So, i decided to try matching the wires that they had.(thinking all the wires would match up and their would be extras) Anyway it ended up that the locations of the wires were closely related. I used an obd0->obd1 chart to do the wiring. Ending up with a few wires in question.

The wires all matched up except there were two of each of these: Yellow/green, white, black, black/red, red, green/white.(maybe a few others cant remember)

Now i know what the location of each of these wires are but how do i determine which of the white, black, green/white....., wires hook up to .

Black wires are suppose to be ground.

Is their a way to check the wires w/ a volt/ohm meter. Also i thought possibly taping into them in the engine bay and temp hooking up to + on the battery to check inside the car which has + charge w/out ignition on.

Any suggestions please.

Yeah, i know. That is one of the reasons he wanted the p28 wired. The main reason is that in safe mode the car would not rev past 3000 rpms.

Very embarrassing, due to looks.

take it back to them, and tell them to fix it.

if it already had a z6 in it, it should've had a p28 as well...why'd they fuck with that?

i'd say take it back and make them fix it.

Back