there's no spark after mpfi swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Norbi_cvc

Hi!

I'm all new to this forum, so hello to all of you.
I've a 93 civic as you call it DX. We call it LSi in Europe. It's a 1.5 dpfi (D15B2) equipped monster :mellow:
Due to a strange idle problem i decided to swap dpfi to mpfi.
I used a d16a6 i/m with injectors and everything needed, pm6 ecu, td 02u distributor. I used the original mpfi injector harness to hook up the resistor box.

I made the wiring according to the writeups on the net, and I've checked in the service manuals too.

After I've finished everything: It won't start at all. Cranks, but there's no spark.
I started troubleshooting: checking wires infinte times, all OK
ignition modul inputs are all OK, so swap modul: nothing changed.
a professional checked the ignition coil it's OK, but for sure I changed it, nothing happened checked the other coil, he said the other one is good too.

ecu looks OK, cause the only code is No. 13 but EG civics does not have that sensor so, its all OK.

what happened? what else can I try to do?

Please help out with your comments, thanks a lot.

you can check the starting problem out on youtube: YouTube - civic

I don't think it'll help my problem, cause I didn't even think of touching the main relay during the swap, it's not necessary to change it for this swap. So it was good before, need to be good after the swap. I can hear the main relay clicking just like before, and fuel is delivered. but i will check it out later, to be sure it's good.

after i bought this car the first issue was the main relay. the common stop, then wont start... I resoldered it and that solved that issue.

yeah I think that the distributor makes this shit, but looks like it's not the ignition module, cause i replaced a known good one, and nothing changed.
I changed the ignition coil too, but the same nothing. I went to a service and they checked both of the two coils, and they said accoriding to the measures they're all OK.

is there any chance not to have any spark with good module and coil?

okey I've put my old dpfi distributor back to see if that works.
guess what the car started. so the "all good" dirtributor is a shit.
now I'm going to get another one, cause with the dpfi ditributor the car is in LIMP mode or what.
otherwise looks like I've a vacuum leak somewhere, cause idle fluctuates between 1000-1500 rpm when warm.

Back