things i need to know before buying a motorcycle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ky'sCRX

i'm getting ready to buy 1998 Suzuki gsx-r 750. and i was wondering what are the things i need to look at and know before i buy

thanks
Anthony

how to crash and not hurt anything. a 750 for a first bike spells disaster. get good insurance.

know that accidents aren't about "if", it's about "when". everybody gets in an accident so be prepared. and don't be ignorant and say something about how good you are and that it wont happen to you. keep a level head and you'll be fine.

i have already had a bike. i guess i'm wanting to know more about the specific bike. i had a new 02 750. i just wondering whats the main problem with older bikes

i have already had a bike. i guess i'm wanting to know more about the specific bike. i had a new 02 750. i just wondering whats the main problem with older bikes
oh ok. it sounded like it was your first bike. the biggest problem with getting older bikes is that some are still carbureted instead of fuel injected. also, a lot of people sell there bikes when stuff starts to go wrong. you have to be really careful to make sure it has a good clutch and good compression.

if youve already had an 02 750 do yourself a favor and dont waste your time or money buying something older....your sure to be disappointed in the power and it isnt gonna handle like your 02 did. i would save my money and look for something newer than the 02. Otherwise I cant help you with any "known" porblems of a 98 gsxr 750.

I agree, move on.

However, if you want to know what to look for. head over to google.com and type in Suzuki forum. ask there.

while there's like 3 bike riders in this forum that might know things about different bikes, when it comes to common 98 750 issue none of us are going to know.

Look at the bike, does it have 2 wheels? is the chain still there and not rusty? are the sprocket teeth worn bad? does it idle ok? all we could do is basic check list.
Nothing like, well the 98 had a known problem for front fork seals, make sure you check those.... I have no clue.

again

google > suzuki forum > search button "1998 750 issues"

Back