Thinking about my next step...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99sidude

VIP
I just got a new job requiring me to drive almost 1000 miles a week for the next few months. I decided to spare my jdm gsr motor the abuse and throw in a b7 swap i got for 150 bucks. My roommate is building and boosting his KA 240sx, and I know it won't take me that long before I get sick of a lack of power and want to have a fast car again. I figure at the end of the summer I will have around 3k to spend on the car, and there are a few different routes I think I could take. Keep in mind i sell the gsr I have 3k plus whatever I sell the swap for.

-mild build and boost of the gsr
-N/A build of the gsr
-sell the gsr and do a k series swap
-sell the gsr and do a h22 swap

Keep in mind my car is a daily driver, and reliability is important to me. What do you guys think?

mild build and supercharge the gsr, more reliable and easier to tune than turbo and with rods and pistons and a blockguard you can easily run 12lbs boost, and alot more if you sleeve the block.

Well, everyone's gonna say go with the k-series, but to be more realistic..I'd like to see the N/A gsr build. Something different, I debated back and forth on wether to go na or fi..and boost won. lol.

i would go with
h22 sleeved and bored/stroked to 2.6
[10.5:1 flat top pistons]
bizimoto f/h>b tranny plate

break it in
then boost

depends on who does the work and tuning. ohh and someone who can give you a sweet deal on stuff.

Well im thinking that I will never get what i paid for my gsr swap so i figure its wise to stick with what I have. besides, its one of the best starting points to go in a number of directions. As it sits the motor has just over 50k miles on it. I'm thinking of putting on a cometic head gasket and some arp head studs and doing a jrsc setup. That should get me to my goal of low 13's.

H22 swap.

NA is *TYPICALLY* more reliable than FI.

Plus, an H22 swap is pretty wicked NA, a hatch will move pretty good with an H22 in there. Some basic bolt ons and you will still see decent gas mileage and a reliable car that sits in the 13's.

Back