thinking of abandoning

sell del sol and all recently purchased parts for s2k?

• sell it get an s2k

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • keep it already got so much going for it.

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Go drive an S-2000 first. Keep this in your head the entire time: "I will be driving this car through pot holes, traffic jams, stop signs, yield signs, and doing the speed limit at least 90% of the time." On your drive, drive it like you would a daily driver.. Start, stop, do the speed limit, note the RPMs in city driving.. And realize that the rpm range that you can use without breaking the law is putting the engine right at 60hp.

Many built FWD Hondas encounter the same things. If you're going to have a 2-seater and build it, why not start with a better platform that has much more potential?

+1 on the S2k.

Don't get me wrong, I love the S2000. But its shitty to drive as a daily.. makes you sad. All that power and handling and tail sliding potential... On city streets. Its like an eagle with its wings clipped.

oh and i have a daily driver. been though this. lol
and yes, many track days i live like 30min from road atlanta. and theres a lot of x-races going on 30 min the other way. the selling has started by my little brother (seeing that im on the other side of the world) im going to ask him to put everything on here for you guys to have a shot at first.

You're counting shipping into your price, but your not shipping it? Its coming from Canada and only takes a few days to get to your door. Thats probably why its a couple hundred bucks. (I bought mine from them too.)

+the shipping. i got it from tigerjapanese. thats why im not shipping it.

So you want to sell it locally, but you expect the buyer to cover the cost you paid to have it shipped?

That's what you call a shit deal. They might as well just pay to have a fresh one shipped from Tiger themselves rather then pay too much for one that's been sitting around in your garage...

:thumbsdown:

wow good job brutal. i wish i had everything figured out like you do. lets see ive had it for a little over a month, its still in the shrink wrap on the crate. hummm.... theres not a whole lot of loss there. and yes, i expect the buyer to pay what i paied in shipping. its called coming out on top, or not loosing money. im not overcharging......... not a shit deal, a fair deal.

you paid for a service the potential buyer is not receiving. Your tacking that on top of the worth of the engine. Therefore you ARE over charging for the engine. If ignorance is bliss I wish I didn't have anything figured out like you.

also, its been sitting in your garage for a month, that means that the thirty day warranty that tiger gives, is null and void.
you need to learn that you are going to lose money, nobody is going to pay what you paid and get less.

that thirty day warranty is very much important.
i bought my first b16 engine/tranny swap from tiger. it sat in my garage for 2 months before i got it in, then i noticed that there were small hairline cracks all around the trans case. leaking fluid like a sieve, there was nothing they would do for me because it was past my thirty day warranty.

also, you paid shipping. you cant count shipping in your costs, its like adding labor into the cost of a car and trying to sell the car for total investment (labor charges included) it doesnt work that way.

not bashing, just informing.
i would never buy an engine from an individual for the exact cost i could get it from a company with a warranty, and the knowledge that it was properly stored in a business and not sitting open and uncovered in or around your house.

the hell i cant. i can charge 15000 if i wanted too no one would buy it but it could be priced there. listen if your not going to make an offer then why waist our time telling me how im overcharging by a couple hundred bucks. im not trying to rip anyone off. its just that if they want to buy it from tiger then they would have to pay the same that im going to sell it to them for. and yes. the warranty is out. even still if you buy a motor from a private seller. you dont get a warranty you just burn there house. lol

This isn't a For Sale thread, people can say whatever they want. It's called the internet, bucko, sit down shut up and hold on.

good luck having a $3300 paperweight sitting in your garage.
might as well give up on the idea of abandoning because nobody is going to pay the prices you will be asking.

you going to list the sol up for $7000 because it has an uber-tight-ultra-jdm-superlightweight-unpainted-body-kit on it?

you went from sounding decent to a major ricer douchebag overnight. congrats.

the hell i cant. i can charge 15000 if i wanted too no one would buy it but it could be priced there. listen if your not going to make an offer then why waist our time telling me how im overcharging by a couple hundred bucks. im not trying to rip anyone off. its just that if they want to buy it from tiger then they would have to pay the same that im going to sell it to them for. and yes. the warranty is out. even still if you buy a motor from a private seller. you dont get a warranty you just burn there house. lol

You are a tucking moron. Why would anyone pay the same amount for an engine that's been sitting in your garage for a month and has no gaurantee of any kind that they would for a fresh one shipped to their door that has a warranty??? That's NOT the same thing, and anyone with half a brain will realize that. And FYI, this is a public forum. I can say whatever I want.

Enjoy the negative rep...

Don't get me wrong, I love the S2000. But its shitty to drive as a daily.. makes you sad. All that power and handling and tail sliding potential... On city streets. Its like an eagle with its wings clipped.

you have single handedly made me want to push every woman i see driving an s2k down the worlds biggest flight of stairs.

brutal, really. you just treatend me with rep. do you think i care? injen, ive told my brother that you want to buy it and as soon as he gets in here he should be messaging you. (no idea when that will be). invisible deamon. oh no. whats the worst that happens? no one buys it. oh damn. ill buy a shell put it in. and have another fun toy. battle pope. blow it out ur ass. all im sayin is that you are fuckin harassin the shit out of me over bullshit. i dont understand why its so hard to comprehend. i dont want to loose any money. and i dont really give a fuck what you people think about my car, or the decisions i make with my car. to include selling prices. and i really and on top of that. brutal. yes your right. minus the fucking moron. dont you think i would take a reasonable offer where i would just cut my losses at that point?
wow. im having to fucking defend myself. its hard enough being all the way the fuck out here. and dealing with the daily Infantry bs. but to get back to the web. my fucking scape goat from life out here. and get flamed. fuckin rough. yes people. you are right. the sol is a horrible platform but its what i came across. and no i dont exactley plan to get 3300 for my fuckin motor. all i can do is hope that someone is willing to pay it. or close to atleast. and yes. i am going for the s2k. and im sorry. dont know what the hell im apologising for. but i am. im not an idiot im just discouraged that ive bought all this shit,.i mean fuck theres 6k worth of shit sitting in my garage..... to realize that i want to get rid of my car. and now i have to worry about having my 15yr old brother sell everything in time for leave so i can go buy another car.

Back