This alone is good incentive to get Mistu's new truck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

can't read most of it, but they assume gas prices are going to stay at 2.95/gallon for regular and they will only pay for 12000 miles.

So once you use up your allowance you're done :p

Quoted post[/post]]
offer over 10/11

and no one heard about it

sounds like BS to me

They just aired the commerical the other day, I caught it.

Battle Pope - $2.95 a gallon for 12,000 miles is still free gas and is just a bonus incentive. Of course they're not going to cover your gas at actual cost for 20,000 miles because well, thats just not profitable. If the offer allows for a set price of $2.95 a gallon and gas goes down to $2.00 (since its already back down to $2.25 in local places around me and steadily falling) then you've just covered extra mileage. I didn't read the stipulations however.

"The 3.7-liter V-6 has adequate power and acceleration, and returns decent fuel economy, at 17 mpg in the city, 22 mpg on the highway, with regular fuel."
Thats all I could dig up on the kind of gas mileage the car gets but lets say for instance that Mitsu pays a flat rate of $2.95 a gallon (they probably don't, they probably pay actual price up to $2.95 a gallon but this is just hypothetically) for 12,000 miles. The car gets 22mpg.

The car gets an average of lets say 19mpg in mixed driving. 12,000/19 = 631.58 gallons. 631.58 gallons * $2.95 = $1844.22.

A $1844.22 bonus incentive, in addition to any other deals that Mitsu is offering right now because they're hurting, isn't too shabby.

hey, free gas is free gas - I'm just saying that there are people that are going to take it literally and try to cash in on 2 or 3 times that.

Quoted post[/post]]
hey, free gas is free gas - I'm just saying that there are people that are going to take it literally and try to cash in on 2 or 3 times that.

Well people, in general, are idiots. :)

I wonder what the V8's gas mileage is and if its lower like 14-20, how much money someone saves on 12,000 miles worth of gas.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

I wonder what the V8's gas mileage is and if its lower like 14-20, how much money someone saves on 12,000 miles worth of gas.

Amen to that.

According to Mitsu's website the V8 is supposed to get 15 city 20 hwy, so not much worse than the V6

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Amen to that.

According to Mitsu's website the V8 is supposed to get 15 city 20 hwy, so not much worse than the V6

$2082.35 @ $2.95 a gallon with an average of 17mpg.

12K miles? That's a lot...I've put 17k in almost 3 years on my sol. That's a decent incentive to say the least.

What do you let your sol just sit there like a little old lady does?

I have put 13.4k on my truck since Jan 15, not much but at 15-21mpg it gets expensive.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
12K miles? That's a lot...I've put 17k in almost 3 years on my sol. That's a decent incentive to say the least.
WTF?
I put 37k miles on my civic in 2.5 years :ph34r:

My dad's 2000 or 2001 Suzuki Vitara that I drove for a year has over 175,000 miles. He gave the car to me a year ago with 159,000 miles. He was only averaging 30,000 miles a year =/, I slowed him down in the last year.

Uhhh, I average upwards of 40-50k miles a year. That would last me 2-3, maybe 4 months. I've driven close to 60k this year. I put 30k on the prelude before I got the Audi this year, 1-6/05, I've put 28k miles on the Audi since June. I've probably spent at least $4000 in gas just for the Audi.

18,000 miles in almost 3 years for me. So that would be a good incentive......but just not enough.

Back