This hatchback is driving me f'n crazy!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlo

i got a 94 cx hatchback , it needed a head gasket, did that no sweat, go drive it, thing was puffing just a little after you drive it for a while, i changed the head with an apparent "rebuilt" head, swap that in, car wont start, no compression, do a leak down test, valves are fucked in 3 cyl, so i take the head off and rbing it back, get back my 200 bucks, its impossible to find d15 heads up ehre believe it or not. so i say screw it, ill put my d16z6 in it, so i bolt that in, fits perfect, i used the d15 tranny, of course everything plugs in and bolts up perfect. so then the car wont start, somehow the ignitor got fucked in this one too from sitting on my bedroom desk :worthy: i take the one out of my sol's b16 a2 and she fires up, but runs like a fuckin bag of crack a prostitute sold ya on sunday behind a church. it appears to be running on 3 cyl, but i just bought today new plugs and wires for it, the cap and rotor are brand new from when i had the z6 in my sol. not to mention it blows more smoke like it has a blown head in this one too, although i know it doesnt cause she drove perfect when i took it out of the sol in november. so i try playin with the throttle to maybe clear her up. but the tps seems to be screwed but im not sure, when ya move the throttle a little bit, it will pick up but then it will cut out as if it has no signal? and if you try to push the throttle it dies, in order to rev the engine you have to keep giving the throttle little tiny taps faster and faster to get the engine to pick up its revs. it only seems to read a signal for the first degrees of tps rotation! ill test it tommorow! now all the wires are in order on the cap, i know that, and jsut for hells sake i tried switching them every different way you could imagine with the car running ( i dunno why i was just ready to give up). anwyays is the regular sign of a tps all screwy?? i can use the throttle body off the d15 i geuss, but who knows, its probably screwed from sitting pretty in the coroner of my garage. i doubt anyone has seen this before but if ya have any ideas throw them at me, ill try them tommorow, me and my multimeter and just wore out from today and this car is about ot get a push of a frickin cliff!! :angry: :angry:

wow what a novel and a half! my apologies,

oh and i used the d15 exhaust manifold since the cat is right below the manifold, dont know if that is choking my engine or whatever,

\i checked the tps with my voltmeter, its only reading 0.7 volts with throttle closed and it wont read anything else when the throttle is moved, so so i geuss its fucked, but the tps's are riveted onto the throttle body..?? what the hell,, i knew you couldnt just buy the sensor alone from honda, but to rivet it to the TB.. now i gotta use the old 1.5 wimpy throttle body, way to choke up my engine, im gonna go try and pull any codes from the computer and see what it says! this car sucks! :angry:

well i got it running smooth and the tps problem was because the map sensor and the tps connectors were in the wrong spots.

but it runs smooth, i let it run for like 45 mins on my driveway and she cleared herself up. then i ripped it on the freeway to make sure she was good and clear! :D

Originally posted by DelSlo@Feb 16 2005, 06:28 PM
i got a 94 cx hatchback , it needed a head gasket, did that no sweat, go drive it, thing was puffing just a little after you drive it for a while, i changed the head with an apparent "rebuilt" head, swap that in, car wont start, no compression, do a leak down test, valves are fucked in 3 cyl, so i take the head off and rbing it back, get back my 200 bucks, its impossible to find d15 heads up ehre believe it or not. so i say screw it, ill put my d16z6 in it, so i bolt that in, fits perfect, i used the d15 tranny, of course everything plugs in and bolts up perfect. so then the car wont start, somehow the ignitor got fucked in this one too from sitting on my bedroom desk :worthy: i take the one out of my sol's b16 a2 and she fires up, but runs like a fuckin bag of crack a prostitute sold ya on sunday behind a church. it appears to be running on 3 cyl, but i just bought today new plugs and wires for it, the cap and rotor are brand new from when i had the z6 in my sol. not to mention it blows more smoke like it has a blown head in this one too, although i know it doesnt cause she drove perfect when i took it out of the sol in november. so i try playin with the throttle to maybe clear her up. but the tps seems to be screwed but im not sure, when ya move the throttle a little bit, it will pick up but then it will cut out as if it has no signal? and if you try to push the throttle it dies, in order to rev the engine you have to keep giving the throttle little tiny taps faster and faster to get the engine to pick up its revs. it only seems to read a signal for the first degrees of tps rotation! ill test it tommorow! now all the wires are in order on the cap, i know that, and jsut for hells sake i tried switching them every different way you could imagine with the car running ( i dunno why i was just ready to give up). anwyays is the regular sign of a tps all screwy?? i can use the throttle body off the d15 i geuss, but who knows, its probably screwed from sitting pretty in the coroner of my garage. i doubt anyone has seen this before but if ya have any ideas throw them at me, ill try them tommorow, me and my multimeter and just wore out from today and this car is about ot get a push of a frickin cliff!! :angry: :angry:

wow what a novel and a half! my apologies,

oh and i used the d15 exhaust manifold since the cat is right below the manifold, dont know if that is choking my engine or whatever,
[post=461875]Quoted post[/post]​

number on u shouldn't put ur self through a engine like dat in a bubble. I'm sure it desrves better. Go with a single vtec engine swap. Cause ul put urself through a lot of problems with bits of pieces a new parts. My friend just did a b20b swap and I have a d15 egine out of a 1995 lx 4door sittin in my back yard if you can come and get it u can have it for 50 dollars or I'll find a way to ship it to u pm me if nething I hoped I helped

its alright man, i jsut put that motor in the car so i could sell it and to clear up space in my garage. i didnt even bother to hook up v tech, the computer doesnt run v tech and ill hook it all up if the person who buys it wants to pay more money to run it, but other than that its just a 1.6 sohc in a hatch. nothin special, i didnt buy this car to keep it. i got my sol, this was just for some easy side cash. im in virginia right now for the week, (i live in toronto canada) so ill deal with the rest of the car problems when i go home! :)

Back