this kids VTEC sounded like a freight train

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
i was at a light with some kid in a GSR on the way home from work and as he took of he hit VTEC and the car sounded like a fuckin bomb just went off !! i mean this shit really sounded like a god damn truck with the jake brake on full time!!...my jaw completely just fell out of my mouth. :suprised: :suprised: i dont get it!! i have an h22 and mine dosent nearly hit as hard as the b16 and b18.. whats the deal??? i mean i beat him by like a car length but it sounded like he was doing 175mph the way his car was roaring like that. how do i get mine to sound like that :dunno:

get a B series. :p
Or short ram intake helps it seems.
I think there is an 'aggresive' cam that will make the change over more sudden and loud.. but it seems kinda pointless if your main goal is to make your VTEC louder.
To each their own, good win story :)

Run open header, or with cut outs--that will be plenty loud.

More pratical though--air intake, louder exhaust, more aggressive cam.

However, there is no point in having your vtec be loud. I know I want my car to be fast and responsive not loud--The quieter the better, more sleeper, less unwanted attention--especially from the cops and the whole neighbor your probably waking up while doing this shit.

i mena dont get me wrong..my objective isnt to win the loudest vtec contest but i thought there might have been something wrong with the motor or it needed to be retuned becuase ive heard some h22 before and their not the loudest things but thair a little louder than mine.

Originally posted by spectacle@Sep 10 2005, 10:43 AM
grow up.
[post=552281]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Slap a turbo on it. I'd be much more afraid of a car that went "psshht" than a car that goes goaoaoaoaoaaaaaa

.........I GUESS THERS ALWAYS AN ASS HOLE ON EVERY FORUM !!!

i think you need a pair of "spectacles" because if you read what i wrote, i asked this question becuase all of my friends who have h22 or b16, vtec kicks on very aggressively, where as mine isnt as aggressive so i thought there might be some type of performance issue or tuning issue involve but, i guess this question is too immature for some of us "fake" honda-tech out there so i guess i should grow up!!

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Sep 10 2005, 03:35 PM
.........I GUESS THERS ALWAYS AN ASS HOLE ON EVERY FORUM !!!

i think you need a pair of "spectacles" because if you read what i wrote, i asked this question becuase all of my friends who have h22 or b16, vtec kicks on very aggressively, where as mine isnt as aggressive so i thought there might be some type of performance issue or tuning issue involve but, i guess this question is too immature for some of us "fake" honda-tech out there so i guess i should grow up!!
[post=552395]Quoted post[/post]​

There are severalassholes on this forum!

You said:
i was at a light with some kid in a GSR on the way home from work and as he took of he hit VTEC and the car sounded like a fuckin bomb just went off !! i mean this shit really sounded like a god damn truck with the jake brake on full time!!...my jaw completely just fell out of my mouth. i dont get it!! i have an h22 and mine dosent nearly hit as hard as the b16 and b18.. whats the deal??? i mean i beat him by like a car length but it sounded like he was doing 175mph the way his car was roaring like that. how do i get mine to sound like that

Looking... looking... nope, not a damned word about tuning.. nope... performance...... nope.. I'm fucking blind. Maybe I do need "spectacles"..

Now, you said you kicked his ass.. so your vtec is obviously working, otherwise, he woulda kicked your ass. Either that, or you both drive shitmobiles. did a geo metro happen to PWN you both while you were racing?

Don't be a dick.. dick.

[/asshole]

lmao, i think he was refering to spectacle as the asshole, but whatever

vtec...
my friend has a 93 accord with the AEM CAI that looks like a chimney pipe, as well as header and exhaust...

his H22 sounds like a raped gorilla...

try advancing your timing, or just getting a bigger diameter intake...
might help...

Dyno it.

Test it to see if you make as much power as you should.

Its your exhaust man. He has a aftermarket on. the kid in the GSR probally had a striaght pipe with a fart can on it. I got one thinking it was kewl but its now. my vtec is loud as fuck. My friend has a H22 in her hatch and she has the straight pipe and fart can. there is no doubt in my mind her H22 is hella louader and her vtec is just about as loud as mine. but she has a 2.5 exh and i have 2.25

My friend's car with a b16 has i/h/e, im, cam gears, a race cat, and a vafc II and his sounds incredibly loud. Its all weak sounding, then bamm.... it kicks in and seirously almost seems like its about to burn out. But then again it's only been tuned by a butt dyno, and the timing is probably off.

Just do the bolt ons, and you'll get more noise when a differnt lobes hits, just like on all cars, or automotive things in general. The more open and free flowing, the more you can tell about what the engine is doing at different rpm ranges.

Originally posted by phyregod+Sep 10 2005, 04:10 PM-->
TeamUrbanChaos
@Sep 10 2005, 03:35 PM
.........I GUESS THERS ALWAYS AN  ASS HOLE ON EVERY FORUM !!!

i think you need a pair of "spectacles" because if you read what i wrote, i asked this question becuase all of my friends who have h22 or b16, vtec kicks on very aggressively, where as mine isnt as aggressive so i thought there might be some type of performance issue or tuning issue involve but,  i guess this question is too immature for some of us "fake" honda-tech out there so i guess i should grow up!!
[post=552395]Quoted post[/post]​

There are severalassholes on this forum!

You said:
i was at a light with some kid in a GSR on the way home from work and as he took of he hit VTEC and the car sounded like a fuckin bomb just went off !! i mean this shit really sounded like a god damn truck with the jake brake on full time!!...my jaw completely just fell out of my mouth.   i dont get it!! i have an h22 and mine dosent nearly hit as hard as the b16 and b18.. whats the deal??? i mean i beat him by like a car length but it sounded like he was doing 175mph the way his car was roaring like that. how do i get mine to sound like that

Looking... looking... nope, not a damned word about tuning.. nope... performance...... nope.. I'm fucking blind. Maybe I do need "spectacles"..

Now, you said you kicked his ass.. so your vtec is obviously working, otherwise, he woulda kicked your ass. Either that, or you both drive shitmobiles. did a geo metro happen to PWN you both while you were racing?

Don't be a dick.. dick.

[/asshole]
[post=552412]Quoted post[/post]​

well.....for one bro i wasnt talkin about you i was talking about spectacle but in the process...you just made an ass of yourself becuase you clearly just quoted the portion where i stated i asked this question about TUNING OR PEROFRMANCE issues...but since you've seem to just pass right by that...let me make it more clearer to you:

think you need a pair of "spectacles" because if you read what i wrote, i asked this question becuase all of my friends who have h22 or b16, vtec kicks on very aggressively, where as mine isnt as aggressive so i thought there might be some type of performance issue or tuning issue involve but,  i guess this question is too immature for some of us "fake" honda-tech out there so i guess i should grow up!!

so cheers to you....you fuckin blind bastard

gee....it must feel pretty embarassing to be made an ass off on a public forum.....dumb ass bitch!!

It's threads like this that pushed me away from all these forums. It always turns into a cockfight. Just some kid asking a simple question and it gets blown out of proportion. Always.

Why the hell would you be imbarrased? I'm a little word that says "phyregod" and a pic of speed racer. Its not like I farted in the oval office right in front of CNN... And besides, that wasn't the post i quoted. so kiss my ass and get over it.

You're the one who wants his vtec to sound louder.. ricer boy.

Why don't you get a set of cams? It won't make your vtec much louder, but it WILL do something towards the performance of your vehicle. You see, there are things that help your car, and there are things that dont.

ah well.

you win some, you lose some.. and some just end up a bloody mess.

Originally posted by DTEC@Sep 11 2005, 03:37 PM
It's threads like this that pushed me away from all these forums. It always turns into a #########. Just some kid asking a simple question and it gets blown out of proportion. Always.
[post=552699]Quoted post[/post]​

Amen. <_<

Originally posted by DTEC@Sep 11 2005, 03:37 PM
It's threads like this that pushed me away from all these forums. It always turns into a cockfight. Just some kid asking a simple question and it gets blown out of proportion. Always.
[post=552699]Quoted post[/post]​

my point exactly....it was a simple question that i was interested in knowing but i guess forums arent about questions anymore..its about know-it-all's

Back