This should improve my commute...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Maybe the rubbers were so warped, they made your bent-ass rims balance out :p :D

these tires are not ment for colder days than what we had last night...I spun them like they were in a tub of grease this morning leaving work....but...once the warmed up a little, they had some grip. It was cool looking down at the tach and seeing 3200 prms wile seeing 84 mph.....but it felt like I was only going 65mph... :( I got to reserch the speed difference if any....

but they rode smooth...so that was nice....but also...they made the car stupid twitchy...the steering rack has about a half inch play....and when I step on the gas...the car lunges right, and I pop of the gas and it weaves left... the new steering rack has been setting in my garage for about 6 months...I guess it's time to put it on, and get an alignment...hehe

ANd the result....

A damn loss. No real change to mention...I'm so dumb, I forgot the common basics...

Same commute driven, 4 days, 14 gallons of gas, and I know that the distance traveled is about 268 mile...so 19mpg...down from 20 mpgs......But, the odometer reads 303 miles, and at 14 gallons...it's about 21.9 mpg....

Since the basic fundamental was overseen...smaller diameter tires means less distance travels, and to cover the same distance, and maintain the same speed...I have to drive at a higher RPM...so in conclusion....the car is peppier, faster to launch, lighter to handle, has grip now...since new tires....and now has a JDM look to it. But no real change in MPG.... :(

Anyone want to pimp out their 5x100 car with some refreshed Wats and new General tires...$700....????

so you did all that work and hype for nothing?

you got a slightly peppier car for losing 10 miles on a tank of gas. whats the problem?

not when I was getting 28 mpg.... when you go thou 108 gallons a month.... and gas is almost 3 bucks a gallon.... it adds up.

i drive way more than you do, then again i get ~30mpg...

40 miles each way to work 5 days a week = 400 miles
times 4 weeks = 1600
not to mention i usually do ~150 miles on the weekend... 150 x 4 = 600
1600 + 600 = 2200 miles a month-ish. probably more.

2200 / 11 gallons = 200 gallons. a rough estimate.

:shrug2:

66 miles daily commute...plus the wifes college runs, and then shopping...and 7 day weeks....

but its still half the gas i use, and cheaper because i have to fill with 91 now.

Back