This sound about the right size?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cheese9988

VIP
Not saying I will but this specific turbo: Turbo, but would this be ok. I have a dohc zc. Looking for 300whp which I'm guessing is 345-350 at the crank. From garrets web site I figured I would need somewhere around 38lb/min air with 2.4 pressure ratio. Based on that map think I have it right, its in one the center lands, but not sure about surge or choke limits? Ohh and yes, I have upgraded internals.

Quoted post[/post]]
Not saying I will but this specific turbo: Turbo, but would this be ok. I have a dohc zc. Looking for 300whp which I'm guessing is 345-350 at the crank. From garrets web site I figured I would need somewhere around 38lb/min air with 2.4 pressure ratio. Based on that map think I have it right, its in one the center lands, but not sure about surge or choke limits? Ohh and yes, I have upgraded internals.

not sure about your match, i did the same calculations for my SiR and that turbo put me on the map where they suggested aswell. but i never got a real answer if my calculations were correct. but i wanted to correct you on your crank hp estimate, thats alot of hp lost through your tranny, from the books ive read honda tranny's (depending on model) are only suppose to lose 10-15% of hp through their gearing and differentials. this proved true in my situation with my B16 Sir, 146 wheel hp on a bone stock motor, considering they claim 160 AT CRANK. mind you, the gearing in an SiR tranny is obviously alot shorter than a d series Si transaxle.. just saying dont expect to lose so much from your tranny homie! :)

i would say for a d series with forged internals a 57 trim t3/t4 60/63 would be perfect.

whatever you do , do not run the .48 exhaust housing, youll lose a good amount of peak power

:withstupid:

the 28rs was developed on/for the SER fwd 2.0L nissan motor... a motor that has a shitty VE compared to a honda. the honda's higher VE allows you to run a larger turbo and still run it within the surge limits.

thats why the stock 2L sr20's motors come with t25's on them... and we throw those on d15's...

Back