those deer alert things???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I haven't tried them, but I know bright lights, exhaust, and a bov don't do you any good. I hit one last year, was only driving about 40- but never saw it. By the time I realized I had hit something, the airbags were deflating. We live out in the middle of nowhere, so we always drive really slow on the backroads at night, but this deer was in full stride and we litterally hit eachother at the same moment. It was a 12 point- did almost 9 grand in damage to the car. :(
Thought I had some pics but can't find any right now. Since I started driving 12 years ago, I have hit 5 deer, and I only saw 1 before I hit it. One ran into the side of my car after the headlights passed by it. I will tell you- State Farm is VERY understanding about collisions with deer. LOL.

yup none those work either lol.. wow 9 grand!! oh i woulda killed that deer ummm... if it wasnt already.. right out my drivway is like a major deer crossing i live out in the boonies too lol.. i had one run into my left front fender and before that one took out dam near the whole front clip.. thinkin i may have to get state farm lol

Loud enough that every single furry creature ran away from my Fit.

Too bad it didn't help with the guardrail :ph34r:

I've never used those deer things and have never hit a deer.
I know too many people who have hit deers while using them.

I think they do jack chit.

lol aight just tryn to figure out if they was bs or not i think majority says they r a waste of money lol thanks for everyones replys

yup none those work either lol.. wow 9 grand!! oh i woulda killed that deer ummm... if it wasnt already.. right out my drivway is like a major deer crossing i live out in the boonies too lol.. i had one run into my left front fender and before that one took out dam near the whole front clip.. thinkin i may have to get state farm lol

Lol yeah I killed the deer- I hit his side, broke his rib, and stabbed it through his heart. He dropped instantly. He was a 12 point- weighed a lot but I can't remember how much.

I forgot the pics again. They are on home computer and I am at work, but Mazdaspeed parts apparently aren't cheap, especially when the owner is demanding OEM parts, and not knock-offs. A hood, front bumper, headlight, fog light, radiator support, 2 airbags, some sensors, new seatbelts, door skins, a fender, and uh... yeah I think that's it. Oh and a new emblem. About fifteen bucks shy of 9 grand. Ouch. :(

Back