Thoughts about tranny swapping the teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
I gave up all thought of swapping the integra until recently. I have seen alot of DAs for dirt cheap all over the place. I know the motor will work in the DC with the right wiring, but my question is about the tranny. I know the DA is a cable and DCs use a hydro. But could I get the DA cable to work in a DC? And if so could I make all the other parts change over too? I'm not afraid of modifying stuff to a degree. I was leaning toward it not being able to work, but for the price I at least have to ask.

Quoted post[/post]]
I gave up all thought of swapping the integra until recently. I have seen alot of DAs for dirt cheap all over the place. I know the motor will work in the DC with the right wiring, but my question is about the tranny. I know the DA is a cable and DCs use a hydro. But could I get the DA cable to work in a DC? And if so could I make all the other parts change over too? I'm not afraid of modifying stuff to a degree. I was leaning toward it not being able to work, but for the price I at least have to ask.
Hasport cable to hydro conversion, and get an obd1 DA engine (92-93) and an obd1 DC...
It's only illegal in certain states. :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
Hasport cable to hydro conversion, and get an obd1 DA engine (92-93) and an obd1 DC...
Oh, so the coversion kit is for using a cable tranny in a hydro car? I thought it was the other way around. And it would be going in my 97(obd2) teggy with the obd1 ecu and whatever else to make it work. NJ isn't horrible with inspection, just insurance.

P.S.- my cat just ate a bug that he tracked and swatted out of the air, pretty cool.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Oh, so the coversion kit is for using a cable tranny in a hydro car? I thought it was the other way around. And it would be going in my 97(obd2) teggy with the obd1 ecu and whatever else to make it work. NJ isn't horrible with inspection, just insurance.

P.S.- my cat just ate a bug that he tracked and swatted out of the air, pretty cool.
Well, yea it would be a Hydro to Cable conversion i suppose?
Anyway, here's a link:
http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/EGBCC

I don't know the site, just pulled it off google, be careful.
They mis-spelled conversion.. maybe look elsewhere :wink:

i would just as soon go with a newer hydraulic tranny. it would just make things easier. are you thinking of getting a DA just to pull the motor out and put into a DC? i would get an obd-0 b16 swap and throw it into a DA. those things rock!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
i would just as soon go with a newer hydraulic tranny. it would just make things easier. are you thinking of getting a DA just to pull the motor out and put into a DC? i would get an obd-0 b16 swap and throw it into a DA. those things rock!!!
I would rather a hydro but right now I'm staring at some bargains on running DAs. I would swap the motor, tranny, pedals, etc. But I would want to either build the motor before or at least put in some new pistons so it has new rings and a new headgasket. I don't want to swap the whole thing then have it crap out. And I really only like the 3rd gen integras or I would probably go with the second option.

So will this work with a minimal effort as far as swaps go?

Back