three puck vs. six puck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbo sol

I need some ligaments!!!
which clutch should i get? gonna be pushin 230 hp and 200 tq. which one will last longer? any input would help.totally stumped.
:driver2::headsmash:

if its a daily drive go with a 6 puck or an organic disc type. the three puck is a pain in the ass on the road.

when your putting down only 200HP, definitely. when you start hitting the 300 and 400 range, thats when you need a 13lb, but with 200-250, an 8lb should hold up.

hey thanks. the six puck with the 9# flywheel is on the way. it'll be a while till we put any more ponies to the ground with that motor. btw..do you know the max psi i would ever want to run that z6 at? don't want to blow it. stock valve train, new arp studs, cometic head gasket(mls) head tq'd down 20% more than stock tq spec. thanx.

psi is a silly number. you really wanna worry about horsepower. putting down more than 350 on a z engine is scary. i wouldnt go past 300whp.

i see. so don't exceed 300 hp on a stock z? but mama, i wanna do it!!(pouting)

Last edited:
yeah i was talkin to my pops and he wants to build a b16 to 500 ponies. bored and stroked forced induction. oh yeah... feel the burn.(wallet melting away)

ummm...a b16 is going to be a bitch to get to that point. a GSR is a better choice. If not a GSR, go with a LS (b18a or b18b), a pnped b16 head, and gsr cams. about $2000-$2500 for pretty kick ass turbo platform (just make sure you switch out for ARP head studs).

Sleeved and bored with new pistons and rods (namely Eagle or Carillo rods with some forged 84mm pistons with about a -10cc - -11cc dish)

Couple that engine with something like a 60-1 or a T61 and youll be good for 500hp on that engine.

Last edited:
i have a 6puck clutch with a lightweight flywheel. im running lsvtec turboed in a 95 del sol @ 5psi when dynoed it ran 319WHP stock block. GSR cams like you happen to mention in this post. def get the studs too cuz i was running stock ones and the head gasket kept blowin. im looking at getting rods and pistons. i have already purchased a sleeved ls block.so ill be selling my stock ls block here this winter. anyone interested in a LS block let me know. ;) Im not a big fan of the SOHC's its a personal prefrence but i prefer DOHC it just pays off in the end to me.

Back