Throttle body suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Johnnylawless

so I get ready to install my RC 750c Injectors and notice the connector to my TB is broken (must have happened when I pulled motor). so now I am going to buy a new TB. I was thinking of the JG Edelbrock 65mm,also they say it's 50 state legal so when smog time comes i can pull everything off (see sig)and smog it. anybody running it or have any suggestions as to which TB runs good? :worthy:

Why are you using 750cc injectors? I hope you have a seriously good flowing motor, otherwise those injectors are going to be wayyyyy too big. But to answer your TB question, I would just go with an oem ITR TB. Edelbrock is probably fine 65mm is, like I said re the injectors, too big unless you have done major head work and are looking into high rpm power. What is a type r tb? 62mm? I'd go with something somewhere in between 62-64mm for your setup.

Edit:: I just read your sig,and realized you have turbo. my bad; just get a type r TB, the bigger tb is fine, just not necessary.

in response to the 750cc injectors see my sig for mods,I am shooting for 400-500 HP the block will be sleeved to 84.5 mm IB Spec built :ph34r:

EDIT: I posted just as you did LOL. I think I can get the edelbrock cheaper than OEM So I thought WTF! I might as well upgrade

I've heard good things about the Erick's Racing TB's...check them out on their website...they come with TPS'

Erick's Racing is strictly NA, not anything to do with a turbo motor. I say go with edelbrock, if you can get it cheaper than oem. There are plenty of used TB's out there, and I'm sure you can get one a lot cheaper than any brand new one, and then just clean it up. What threw me off on your original post was the whole 50 state legal thing; I don't hear too many people running 50 state legal turbo kits, so it just put me on the wrong track.

Edelbrock or BBK would do the job just fine I think. Ericks Racing Throttle Bodies are sick as f**k though but yes they are for NA motors.

just got the edelbrock from a local shop and mike what I will do is take the turbo off and run it N/A to smog it, as it's not much for me to pull everything off before i go!!

I figured as much, just make sure you pull those 750's otherwise the motor will run uber-rich, lemme know how it goes, a cheap small turbo setup sounds fun in my future.

doubt that it matters now, but i do recommend the JG based upon the fact that it does not stick like many of all the other aftermarkets...

yeah, will probably keep the stock 240's for smog purposes, but will still try the 750's with the AEM EMS and See if it will Idle & run it OK, just for fun :lol:

Back