throttle cable doesn't match

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16eg6experiment

I swaped a JDM B16A2 into my 95 civic but now the throttle cable is too short and the bracket is all wrong. which cable and bracket do I need?

you can't use a civic throttle cable on a b series motor, you have to use an integra throttle cable, they are all the same except for the 94-01 gsr's i think.

Quoted post[/post]]
you can't use a civic throttle cable on a b series motor, you have to use an integra throttle cable, they are all the same except for the 94-01 gsr's i think.
Wrong!
You CAN use a D series cable on a B series, just gotta make it work.
If you have money, buy an integra cable, if you don't- make the D series work.

:withstupid: i did the same thing.
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
i used my d series i just bought thes bracket
bracket on ebay
We used a torch to heat the D series bracket and bend it backwards and put it on the rail.
We've had a post here before that has pics in it of different setups for using D series Tcables on B series.. someone used zipties FTW!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Wrong!
You CAN use a D series cable on a B series, just gotta make it work.
If you have money, buy an integra cable, if you don't- make the D series work.

Sorry, i was reffering to direct bolt in.

used stock civic mount with a piece of 6061 bar stock drilled to offset it.

my throttle cables was 6inches 2 short for my b20 swap, so i just ripped off the 6inches of coil around the cable it and it fits pefect and looks like perfect best part is that it was free,

I dont know why all the probs maybe it's just the 5th gen but my b series had no problems with the throttle cable what so ever... just went right in.

I spent like $30 on a 97 ITR throttle cable from the local Honda dealer. I felt okay about spending thirty bucks, but I would have bought one of those brackets had I known they existed, to save fifteen.

Back