Throttle Cable Placement...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohch22a4

I just got my JDM OBD I B18C from hmotors! Whoo!

Anyhow, I'm dropping this biyatch into my '92 VX hatch. I've got everything planned out and ready to go for next week. Me and a couple buddies of mine are doing the swap. We were so fuckin' stoked about it until we looked at the throttle cable bracket- the bracket points to the passenger side rather than the driver's side. Can we just flip it around or what?

Any help is very appreciated, thanks!

I know that I need a 'teg throttle cable, that's not my question. My question is how could I modify the bracket to which the cable is attatched, seeing as how the bracket points in the wrong direction. Can I just unbolt, flip it around and re-bolt it or would there be more involved?

Thanks.

I know I read somewhere once about flipping it but cant tell ya where...what else could it hurt? If its not gonna strip out the bolts or hurt the cable or anything else you might try it?just my 2 cents you might wanna wait until you get a knowledgeable awnser but the post has been up a few w/few awnsers so I thought I'd at least give ya my thoughts...good luck ;)

Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Jun 15 2003, 10:50 PM
just get a USDM intake manifold and sell your JDM one.

and what exactly would that do?????
the IMs are the same
he just needs to go to a junkyard and snag a throttle cable off an integra
just make sure that the cable you get has the same connection type at the pedal
swap that out and your all set

jdm gsr IM and usdm IM are the same, I would swap your one out and get the skunk unit. Also like E said, go to your local scrapper and pick up the bracket.

Milan

Back