Throttle Cable

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordturbo94

Hey i have a question about the throttle cables... i heard you have to use the prelude throttle cable inplace of the accord! Is that true and why do you if you have to!

http://www.h22a.org/5gswap.htm
Throttle cable: Use the Prelude throttle cable and bracket. Someone with a small bit of creativity could get cruise to work, by fashioning a bracket to hold both cables properly and shortening the cruise cable and attaching it to the throttle pulley. We didn't do this.
*NOTE: The Accord throttle cable attaches to the pedal differently than the Prelude. There is a gap that the cable can come off using the Prelude cable, just use your head and secure it in place. There is more than one way to do this, you will see.

You can keep your accord throtle cable and cruise by just fliping your mount for the throtle cable around taking a dremel tool and notching out a spot for your cruise cable. You will only be able to use one of the bolts to hold the bracket in place, so tighten it tight, but i used the F22 throtle body. It works perfectly. B)

Back