Throttle Response?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Importfan

Throttle Response? Recently Got CEL's

lately ive been having poor throttle response. It seems to happen most of the time when I start it, and dont let it warm up. If i let the car run for 10-15 mins prior, its fine. It feels like its missing or their is water in the fuel. I recently changed the coolent and bled it, so im not thinking it could be that. Unless their could be more air in the lines? Im also not getting any CEL's. Would like to know if anyone else has come across this problem or any help would be great.

Last edited:
Um cold weather could cause the oil to be more like suyrp then oil, thus making the motor bog down because it can't respond as fast vs 15mins of warm up the oil is thin and ready to go... just an idea :p

I didnt think about that because my other cars dont do that and i use the same oil. But, it could be. Thanks for the response. Anyone else have any ideas?

Today i just got CEL 43(fuel supply system) and 20(electrical load detector), im thinking for the 43 it could be the O2 but 20, im not sure because the alternator is fairly new, but the plug has been spliced to fit the OBD2 alternator in an OBD1 car. Will that cause it?

yeah that could cause it also the wiring to the o2 sensor also. I had this same problem with my 97coupe with a ls swap

Back