1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ticketmaster lawsuit

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by 95b16coupe, Oct 8, 2010.

1. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

i fucking hate hate hate ticketmaster. it's a bullshit monopoly that the government doesnt' regulate. it gets stronger and stronger by fucking over ticket buyers. i'm sure most of you have bought a ticket at some point and seen that 50% of what you pay is bullshit fees. well, there is a class action lawsuit against them. i got the email from ticketmaster today.

and yes, i know i wont get anything from the lawsuit. i dont' want to. i just want the country to realize what a rape job this is.

2. D16Civic

D16Civic Matt

I agree 100%. I'm looking to buy some tickets for a production of A Christmas Carol coming up in December, and there's just no way to avoid TM.

3. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

the closest you can get is to buy tickets from craigslist and just pay face value for it. then you don't have to pay for delivery or shipping.

4. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

I avoid ticket master whenver possible. luckily in nyc most venues sell direct

5. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

Buy your tickets at the ticket window then. They are a business, and that's what they do, get tickets out to a mass market. Their services are not free they are in business to makemmoney. All this whiny crap and lawsuits are bs. It's simple if you don't like the service don't use it.

6. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

yeah, buy concert tickets at the window when they sell out within 20 minutes of being on the market.

you missed the point of the lawsuit. TM is saying shipping cost $10, when it's only $3. (arbitrary numbers used for example)

or the $3 fee to get the pdf version so you can print it.
    Ticketmaster Fees | TicketStumbler New Stuff

7. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

:werd:

The only time i've been able to save a few bucks using Ticket Master is to click the option to pick up the tickets at "Will Call." But that still only saves me like $8 :(

8. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

seriously though, i get it. everybody needs their cut.

but just say the ticket cost $60. i'll gladly pay $60.

but if you break it down and tell me the ticket is $40, and add $20 in fees that have no transparency and just seem like i'm getting raped, i'm not happy about it.

9. damien360kl

damien360kl New Member

This is bs ok if you feally want to go to a show then pay what you have to pay that's it. Don't complain because they are charging you extra that's how a business makes money by charging what they have to and then some simple as that. Like the people said before if you don't like it go to the venue and buy the tickets from the box office. but if your too lazy or you can't get to the box office then pay the damn delivery fees! (Rant over) lol

10. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

didn't pearl jam already try this?

11. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

ok dipshit. i'm not complaining because they are charging fees. you don't get it. they are claiming $10 for shipping when it only cost $3. plus, i was saying they should just include it all in the price of the ticket instead of listing all the fees.

try to go to a concert on the day of the show and get a ticket. ever try and get anything for jay-z, lady gaga, eminem, justin bieber, etc? you can't just walk up to the gates for concert tickets.

12. PhyRe

PhyRe Senior Member

so wait u dont mind geting raped as long as the rapest doesnt give u a list of where hes puttin it?
    conveniance taxes are a bitch

13. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

pretty much. if a ticket is $60, it's $60. but if you tell me it's $40, then add on $20 in shit that isn't true (according to the lawsuit), it pisses me off.

14. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

So is the lawsuit based on the fact that Ticketmaster just adds the fees to the total cost without breaking it down? Or the fact that Ticketmaster is adding those fees in general?

15. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

not the fact that they have fees, but the fact that the fees are being presented as "hey this is what it costs us to process/ship this, so thats why you are being charged for it" and really they are "it costs us $x.xx to do this, but we are charging you $xx.xx so we make more money"

its really just gross overcharging for things they shouldnt be making money on, like shipping. its fine to charge for a service. its not fine to charge 10 bucks shipping when it costs 3, just to make more money.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  16. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

Gotcha, that makes more sense

17. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

Its actually illegal in some states to charge additional costs for "shipping", which is why most intelligent businesses dub the line item as "shipping and handling".

18. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

TM fucked us over royally. Twice. I hate them as well.

19. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

the problem is that they have a monopoly, which is illegal, but nobody is willing to do something.
    i fucking hate that company with a passion.
    yes, i understand that they need to turn a profit, but the take advantage of the fact the they are the only retail seller for most venues.

20. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

fixed

you can't get tickets to a sporting event, concert, or theater show without getting fucked by them and Live Nation.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/01/26/ticketmaster-live-nation-merger/

thank your local congressman. we discussed this before about laws for copyright infringement getting passed. ie internet laws. when someone can gain or lose this much money, the company buys your government.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted