1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ticking noise

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by custompainter, Jun 28, 2007.

1. custompainter

custompainter drive it like U stole it

yeah before you say it i know one of the bearings in the lower end

well i'm not sure it's coming from the lower end i think is a lifter or something in the top end i took the valve cover off and started it up and it sound to be up top some where more then one of the rod or main bearings

its a d16y5 engine and it only makes the ticking sounds when you get it up past 2 grand there is no noise at ideal

i got this motor from a friend it sat outside his shop with no valve cover on it ---(it was under a tarp)
    anyway-----
    he's not going to be back till the 15th next month so i'm wondering what i should do wait for him to get back and get me another motor or pop off this head and throw a different on

i just dont want to waste any more money on the car moneys tight right now and a head kit for this car cost a couple bucks so if it is the head then i'll do it but i'm not sure it is

2. dtob

dtob New Member

Ya check valve lash. If its a ticking valve then that should fix it. If not then you might be s o l.

3. custompainter

custompainter drive it like U stole it

how do i check the valve lash ??? i've never done that before !

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted