1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time for new struts?

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by redneck999, May 27, 2008.

1. redneck999

redneck999 Member

I have been driving the del sol for a few months now and had assumed that the rough ride was normal for small chassis car, no bounce or bottom out just rough, this weekend loaded the trunk with 3 bags of mulch and lo and behold it rode unbelieveably smooth! Is this an indication that new struts are in order or is this the nature of the beast?

2. |Chaz|

|Chaz| Well-Known Member VIP

Does it have aftermarket suspension?

3. redneck999

redneck999 Member

Nope all stock except for some odds and ends.

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

If you're used to driving bigger cars that have a more standard passenger car suspension as opposed to the the double wishbone, spring-over-shock design that small Honda cars typically have, then yes, it will probably feel somewhat rough to you. I don't think you necessarily need new shocks, but if they've never been replaced it wouldn't hurt...

5. redneck999

redneck999 Member

Yeah I normally drive a lifted Explorer, before the del sol I was driving a neon back and forth to work for the gas for 3 years. The sol has 176,000 miles and they appear to be original no rust or leaking, just noticed a somewhat dramatic difference in the ride.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted