time to decide... help needed.. HELP!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cangsekie

ok today i went to the shop and found out a few distrubing news...
1. my exhaust is leaking.. btwn the header and cat.. (due to the shape of my header)
2. my engine compression is 150/150/150/140
as far as i kno it should be btwn 180 and 200 to be consider a good (not tired) engine and it has only 8 thousands miles on it
3. my vtec isnt kicking in properly.. pushing out about 50% (if that)
maybe my oil pressure isnt building up right because my valve isnt closing right

me and my friend think that all these problems are result of loose valve...

anyways, i am going to fix that loose valve and see if that helps any..
here is the situation if it doesnt work out..

A. should i go get B20 bottom end and do CLEAN START?
B. should i try to fix and rebuild my B18 bottom end?
:confused::mellow::eek::huh:
i dont kno the cost of option B but for A it will run me good 1500 to 2000 depends on the situation inside my engine..

help me please

What made you bring it in for service/diagnostic?
Which motor do you have in there--the B20 or the B18? Is it an LSV or CRVtec?
What do you plan to do with the car?
Any leaks?
CEL's?
Did you rebuild it, or did you get it rebuilt by someone else?

You didn't give us much to work with. A few details about the car would probably help...

As for your exhaust, bring it to a shop and have them fix it. I can't see it being much at all for an exhaust shop to make it right.

oh im terriblely sorry..
i brought my car there because i had engine check light on and it just felt very.. "weird" no power when i first did my ls/vtec (and i guess that answers another question.. i did LS/VTEC)
i currently have B18 block and B16 head on. I do not have any leaks at the moment.
My goal//plan is to get about 350whp boosted if not MORE :)
everything else is good from what i can see (no leak, good spark plug)
its not boosted yet but i will boost it in a year or so after i save enough money!! (about 7G cuz i dont to do some body work too together)
i really am thankful for the input!

Back