timing ....again

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mintoxik

so..... still have not gotton the crank pully off went and got a impact big ass compressor from work the hole nine and nothing!!!
any one got an idiea of what i might be doing wrong or should I just blow up the car??

note:
if I blow up car I'll get some sweet video haha

man i put the car in fifth gear and had someone hold the brakes form me and i took a 3 foot breaker bar. all that and some penetrating lube i was good to go. soak the pulley bolt with some pb blaster or wd-40 or something over night

did
ive tried it all and NOTHING

also been reading on the net could my bolt be backwards thread???
i've read that it is and i've read that is isn't

Last edited:
I had to just keep working at mine in order to get it off. Tried everything under the sun. Didn't want to work for me. Finally, it just happened.

Keep trying.

i put a screw driver inbetween the caliper into the rotor and put it in 5gth gear and with a breaker bar i stood on it till it broke and it is a pain in the ass to get it off for the frist time. also with an extension and a hammer hit the bolt. and there all threaded the same.

or you can get the special tool designed for pulling honda crankshaft pulleys. i have one and using it plus 2 breaker bars i got mine off in no time.

here is one type: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Harmonic-Damper-Crank-Shaft-Pulley-Holder-Tool_W0QQitemZ370106339611QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item370106339611&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

here is another type: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...727|39:1|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

it is universal to hondas. it will work on any honda crank pulley... Ever.

Last edited:
The following isn't a joke, I've done it.

Take a full exhaust (about 6-9 feet?) slide that over your rachet/breaker bar, or what ever you are using, and pull with that. The x amount of feet in leverage will totally losen that bitch up.

Hell, if all else fails, take it down to the local Honda dealership. Most will pull the bolt out for free or for a very minimal charge. Beats paying all that money for special tools and different crap that aren't a guarantee. I had to do that before I bought a 3/4" drive impact. Plus, if they break it at the dealership, they fix it for no charge. haha

well taking it to honda wont work its pretty far from my house ( other side of town) and i dont have a trailer to put it on and I am not towing that thing haha. The guy at the auto store told me the bolt and go both ways (haha) so I'll find out saterday

Back