timing belt broke on h23a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 1992 lude with a h23 in it and the timing belt broke last night.... it was on a rev around 3000 rpm, i took off the valve cover and the plugs and it looks like zero piston damage and the valvestems are good "what i can see"... do you think i should try a timing belt?? or should i just do a head?

take the valves to an engine shop, i dont know the name of the machine but some shops have a machine they use to check the straightness of the valves, even the slighest tap will bend them, and can be pretty much impossible to see just by looking at them or even spinning them in your hands

take the valves to an engine shop, i dont know the name of the machine but some shops have a machine they use to check the straightness of the valves, even the slighest tap will bend them, and can be pretty much impossible to see just by looking at them or even spinning them in your hands

STOP!

Alright, do I have your attention? You need to check the dates on stuff before you hit the "reply" button from now on. This thread is from 2006. I doubt that the OP is even around anymore. If he is, then I really doubt that he's still in need of an answer to this question.

This is the second thread I've seen you do this in. Check the dates please...

haha.....well i fell for this one..... sure have been alot of noobs posting on old threads latley......did they just come out with another fast and furious?

sorry again, i am a noob, not gonna lie and its not because of the guy fast and furious movies, but im also tryin to learn alot more, but ill start watchin the dates

just do like the said and check your valves at most you will have to replace them but put the new belt in and then do a compression check never know they might be fine just remember you have two belts. You might have to have the piston holder from honda I had to get one for me h22 dont know if the 23 has it???

just do like the said and check your valves at most you will have to replace them but put the new belt in and then do a compression check never know they might be fine just remember you have two belts. You might have to have the piston holder from honda I had to get one for me h22 dont know if the 23 has it???

Idiot, did you not see where I berated the other guy for responding to a three year old thread? This shit is old, and the original poster isn't here anymore, so no need for you to respond, k?

stuff like this is nice for other noobs, answers questions without new threads, keeps the board clean. besides there are other people out there asking this question

Back