timing belt going in an integra?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91integrab16a

i have a question. how much slack should be in the timing belt? i was driving and i heard a light clunking noise so i drove home i opened the hood and noticed my timing belt wilding flailing about on its pullies. it hitting the top of the cover. i was wondering if i need a new timing belt or is it just how it is sometimes? im a total honda noob so forgive me please lol. and how hard is it to change out a timing belt?

ok yeah i definetly had this problem my automatic tensenor came off from my block and had to put if back on i would check that first but you probobly need a new timing belt it's gonna be about 70-80 bucks from the part store

my timing belt doesnt appear to be cracked at all. i heard something clank around in there and then the noise. then my timing belt started slapping around in the thing. it is loose as hell. think the tensioner just fell off? or a nut fell off the tensioner or what

My money is on the tensioner being broken. If your belt is that loose, I wouldnt drive it. You will run the chance of skipping teeth.

definately dont drive the car. check tensioner and water pump. all the slack in the belt should be on the pump side, nice and tight on the crank to cam gear side. with only about an 1/8" to a 1/4" deflection at any given spot. if you change your belt make sure you change out your water pump as well.

Back