Timing Belt In A 90 Si 1.6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djyox

Well the title says it all. should I do it myself or pay for someone else to do it, I dunno how hard it is, and a buddy of mine said he couldn't do it so I'm kinda worryed.....but I have all the tools or so I think air gun, timing gun ect........all the goodies, so what do you think guys? OHHHHH GREAT ONES!!! ANSWER ME, HEAR MY CALLS OF HELP!!!!! :worthy:

which bolt are u talking about? Cam bolt? Well the belt comes off acually very easy, i got mine off by just taking a rubber malot and the soft side of a screw driver and juss hittin it off... to put it back on juss go to the bottom and twist the belt back on...there is a mark on the Pulley (cam) line it up with the little mark and make sure your cam is in the UP position and the 2 lines are parallel and u should have no prob... i hope i helped... if i didnt juss reply and give me more detail
seeya

I think he meant the crank pulley. Those can be a bitch to loosen up, even with airtools. On my old d15 in my civic, that crank pulley bolt would not budge. We tried everything. But my z6 engine it came off no problem with my air tools. I would just see if you can do it with your air tools, if not bring it to a shop and have them loosen it up for you.

Back