1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timing belt squeeling

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Taco15, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

my d15b timing belt squeels every once in a while. and everytime it does i think it messes up my timing. What i see happening is that the belt is actually rubbing against the plastic cover in the side of the motor. the belt came out of my old d16z6. I have a D15b7 belt, will that work? I s the belt too thick or what? Also it idles at like 1500 to 2 sometimes. And other times its fine at 600 or 700. What can i do? :blink:

2. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

are you saying its rubbing against the timing belt cover? if so, just remove the cover and you should be good to go.

3. Taco15

yeah but it seems to be attached all the way down to the bottom pulley. am i right or is it easier than that. Its a little sohc with no ac compressor. The top part of the cover is not on but the bottom is. You can see the belt at the top but not the bottom. You kinda get the pic? if its easy to remove the whole cover then, kinda give me and idea of how to take it off. Also its rubbing on both side cause both sides of the belt are tacky and blacker the middle part of the belt. <_< weird?

4. Taco15

ok someone can take this topic off .problem solved. New motor

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted