timing?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pugarex

ok here is the deal i swaped a 93 ls in a 90 crx dx and this fucker backfires could it be my timing or is it something else? stock ls no codes or nothing. i have spent like 300 bucks in my exaust alone and i thought that was it but when i took it back they said it was some thing that has to do with my spark or fuel regulator im lost.

help! :shrug2:

yeah, usually it mean your coil is going out or you have too much gas (one way or the other, you arent detonating all your fuel)...might wanna get a fuel pressure gauge to check...also pull your spark plugs and see if you are running too lean/rich or hot/cold

sounds stupid on a 4cyl, make sure your plug wires are in teh proper order on the cap and head, remember firing order of a 4 cyl is 1342! :) that WILL cause a backfire. also, you are using the proper ECM right?? :)

some how 1342 confused me...so uhh...here

enginespark.jpg

for the record...i know how the rotor spins, but for some reason that discription doesnt sit right with me.

ok i took it out for the second time and i was in a red light and it just died. what should the normal idle be because when im in a stop the engine shakes really bad and it idles really low . i know i got all the plug wires right i used the integra repair manual. also its really loud im running with a 2.5 in. exhaust with a cat and is still freakin loud.

thanks.

Quoted post[/post]]
ok i took it out for the second time and i was in a red light and it just died. what should the normal idle be because when im in a stop the engine shakes really bad and it idles really low . i know i got all the plug wires right i used the integra repair manual. also its really loud im running with a 2.5 in. exhaust with a cat and is still freakin loud.

thanks.

even with a Cat you will still be loud, cats dont deaden the sound that much.

is your timing belt on correctly. not off any teeth?

Fuel pressuse regulator working?

you also wanna make sure your timing is set at 16* advanced. also check and make sure your throttle body screw isnt all the way closed.

ok freakin book was wrong or i fucked up somehow but you guys were right its 1342 i had 1432 and now its got a whole lot of power thanks i really apreciate it thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you if youre ever in bakersfield cali lunch is on me beers also. :sniper: ha this reminds me of my time in iraq funny shit thanks again guys.

everything is now working good the way it should. my back up lights dont work though i did the auto to manual conversion and my red wire fried i dont know were it goes though (red wire in the center console. not the one that makes the car think its in park its the one next to it.

Back