Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LS/Vtec

• B18c longblock(b16a cable tranny)

• B18b with B16 cable tra

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mech

Banned
There are just too many damn decisions to make and too many options. Please tell what you would do if you had say 2-3 grand.(90 teg RS, 5sp)

I know everybody is going to flame me for saying put a b16 in that car but i did it and with some boltons I/E/H you very happy with your car. Now let me add that i do not race me car, but for a fast street car i love the setup.

Well its spft on the bottom end but if you go with the b16 trany you will be ok. Plus if you go with a lightened flywheel, you will going through first gear in like 3/4 of a second, and once your in vtec you will be in your power band, and you have power all the way to 8 grand. And if your just trying to build a fast daily driver with boltons you will be very happy with it. Its true the a Ls/Vtec would be more powerfull but wiht your buget you will have to spend a few buck to get the block to take the revs of the b16 head.

I like the rims, good choice, I got em too. Excellent sleeper! By the way, you said you don't race but have you takin it to the track? What mods do you have and what did they run you? Thanks

I'd go with choice A,B18A1 overhaul it and go.Bolt on what you can,then save up and later on work the vtec conversion.

i'd go with the ls/vtec since you have 3k on hand...but that is only if you do it yourself...now if someone were to do it for you i would just say rebuild the b18 and stay with the ls tranny and use some of the cash you saved up to buy yourself some bolt ons and a nitrous kit...have fun :D

this is the only time I ever say this but do the LSVTEC. You will be extremly happy with it. Changing to the b16 tranny would also be nice.

LS/VTEC with higher compression pistons, then swap out the transmission for something shorter if you can fit it all in your budget.

b20 vtec for around 3500.00 stock block with b16a head and itr cams between 170-180hp at the wheels with 135torque. awsome motor for the price.

Originally posted by HOOKUPSPROCRX@Mar 24 2003, 01:49 PM
b20 vtec for around 3500.00 stock block with b16a head and itr cams between 170-180hp at the wheels with 135torque. awsome motor for the price.

is that chris whitfield??? chris its jason, i kicked it with you when you first brought the CRX to bakersfield... i was chillin with RS and you guys under the same tent lol

quit smoking in the pit lanes!!! :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by HOOKUPSPROCRX@Mar 24 2003, 01:49 PM

doing that is pointless and asking for a loud pop followed by a snaping, grinding noice. b20 and LS VTECs are only relibalile and a safe swap if you build the bottom end to withstand the RPMs that VTEC loves.

I say B16A1. 1500 shipped, call it 2k with new belts, gaskets, etc. Straight forward swap, DIY, learn a little sumthin sumthin in the process, then you still have some green for whatever, I/H/E, lightened flywheel, pick your flavor.

Back