titanium tubing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

racerxb20z

anybody know where I can get some 2.5 inch titanium tubing? im planning on diy-ing an exhaust.
also, who makes a good universal titanium muffler?

if you don't mind spending a shit load of money I might be able to track some down but again it's gonna cost ya way more than going SS

I found some 2inch for $33 a foot which isnt bad at all, but they didnt have 2.5 let me know what you can find Yem.

if your willing to wait a little while RS-R has a full titanium exhaust comming out (not sure when... call them)

If I can find a decent deal on some tubing like burnsstainless.com has then it would be very cost effective, but unfortunately the biggest they make is 2" piping.
I have a crx so I wouldnt need that many feet and my friend is a very good certified welder who would work for beer and cigs so I figure what the hell I got the resources why not use them.

ya but the problem come in the bends the dont make madrel bent titanium tubing as far as i know

Ah, good luck welding titainium, I have worked in the bicycle industry for a long time, both as a racer and a builder. True titainium can only be welded in an enert(sp?) gas environment. Meaning that the room that the welding takes place in is filled with Argonne gas, and then the welding can take place. There are few facilities in the U.S. let alone the world that can weld titainium. One of them is litespeed, and Douglas as in MacDonald Douglas the aircraft manufacturer. I would highly recommend getting a Stainless steel exaust so that you do not waste time and resources.

Ah, good luck welding titainium, I have worked in the bicycle industry for a long time, both as a racer and a builder. True titainium can only be welded in an enert(sp?) gas environment. Meaning that the room that the welding takes place in is filled with Argonne gas, and then the welding can take place. There are few facilities in the U.S. let alone the world that can weld titainium. One of them is litespeed, and Douglas as in MacDonald Douglas the aircraft manufacturer. I would highly recommend getting a Stainless steel exaust so that you do not waste time and resources.

Great source of information, you learn something new everyday.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Sep 16 2003, 04:32 AM
Ah, good luck welding titainium, I have worked in the bicycle industry for a long time, both as a racer and a builder. True titainium can only be welded in an enert(sp?) gas environment.

I agree a pure titanium material would be a bitch to weld.

but the product he's looking at are most likely a titanium alloy

best I could find is 5ft sections at $109.09 which is $21/ft
but again it's only avaliable at a max 2" dia.

mcmaster-carr.com
• Temperature Range:
-10° to +600° F
• Bendable: Yes
• Flareable: Yes
Titanium Pipe.

a good 316 SS is a better idea.

Back