To swap or rebuild????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94delsolvtec

i was originally going to do a gsr swap into my del sol but the funds are not really the best right now so i was thinking of just rebuilding my D16z6 and building it for more power, also probably boost it too. ive never actually rebuilt a motor before and i was just curious how much this could end up costing me for the rebuild + boost. now i know there are alot of variables in this but just a ballpark would be appreciated. and if anyone could point me in the right direction for rebuild info i would be thankfull.

~addition~ i just found this site for a rebuild kit, like 700 bucks forthe whole thing, stupid or worth it???

Honda Engine Rebuild Kits

Last edited:
when its all said and done, unless you do all the work your self it will cost just as much s a b series swap, you can get a d15b vtec jdm, for 500 bucks

yeah i might just do that because i dont really know if i should turbo my motor, it has high miles thats why i was thinkin to rebuild it first. i guess it probably would be better to just get another motor to boost.

Yeah, its always better to start on a fresh engine rather than one with a gob of miles on it.

Back