Today's employment related lesson.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Aug 15 2003, 05:48 PM
It's just the principal- I respect them enough to give them notice that I'm leaving so they can find someone to fill my spot, and they fire me right then and there.

i agree...that is totally shitty of them to do that to u. good luck with the move and all. too bad u cant go back and steal stuff from them. that would be cool.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Aug 15 2003, 07:46 PM
i agree...that is totally shitty of them to do that to u. good luck with the move and all. too bad u cant go back and steal stuff from them. that would be cool.

:lol: I don't think thats such a good idea, would be very suspicious if they fired him and a day later $1000 worth of stuff is missing.

On the other hand, I think buying a $50 car and flying that bitch into the side of their building sounds like a good idea :D

Did they actually fire you or just ask you to leave instead of coming to work for the next two weeks?

Firing you because you gave notice is wrong

Sending you home instead of having you stay at work is just normal corporate policy.

it's called getting terminated for cause, which you weren't. In GA I can fire your ass for cause or 'just cause' and the law supports me. However, that doesn't happen to a smart employer that wants to attract good employees.

All these folks did is give you an unexpcted two week paid vacation. I understand your problem about the principal of it. I have to explain this to people all the time when they put in their notice.

Celesta hit the nail on the head. We don't want you to have 2 weeks to @%#$ something up or goof off. The why I see it, its a win/win (which rarely happens in the "real" world). You get a vacation and your former employer doesn't have to watch you like a hawk or worry about what damage you may have caused before you left.

However, NOT giving notice is just plain wrong. And any hopes of getting a good recommendation is gone as are the hopes of ever coming back. I know what you just said but you would be surprised the number of times I heard that and then got a phone call 6-7-12-18 months later wanting to know if they could come back. Might not happen with this employer but if you make that a habit, it will catch up with you at the WORST possible time.

Sorry....end of sermon.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Aug 15 2003, 05:48 PM
If I had a beef with them, I'd go buy a $50 car and play demolition derby at 2AM in the lot.

Somehow Ji, I can see you inviting me to VT with a 24 pack for this one..... :lol:

:ji:

Back