Todays Police Mishap Story

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
Strolling Senior Says Officer Tackled Him

VALLEJO, Calif. - When Melvin Ainsworth went for his routine stroll on the Carquinez Bridge, the last thing he expected was to end up with six stitches above his left eye, a swollen lip and a sprained wrist.
Without warning, a Vallejo police officer tackled the 77-year-old Crockett man from behind on Saturday morning, he says.
"They ruined my 227th trip across the bridge," Ainsworth said. "The second half of the trip, I rode in an ambulance."
Ainsworth later learned that a tipster called police to report that a man in his 20s or 30s wearing a San Francisco 49ers jacket was about to jump or had a baby dangling over the edge of the bridge.
Ainsworth was wearing a 49ers jacket — but he was armed only with a camera and he's at least 40 years older.
After he got up, Ainsworth said he told Vallejo police Officer Jeremie Patzer "Mister, you don't know how sorry you're going to be before I'm through with you."
Patzer, 31, who apologized, declined to discuss the incident Tuesday. The department is investigating Ainsworth's complaint, said Lt. Lori Lee, department spokeswoman.
Ainsworth said he has filed a complaint with Vallejo police and met with civil rights attorney John Burris on Tuesday to discuss a possible lawsuit.
Officers said they yelled at Ainsworth to stop, but he didn't respond. The next thing Ainsworth knew, someone knocked him down from behind, Burris said.
"There wasn't anything he did that dictated that kind of use of force," Burris said. "He wasn't acting aggressively in any way. He wasn't running. He's 77 years old. He looks his age."

its cool a local cop in vegas just got a wrist slap for trying to plant narcotics in a suspect's vehicle :lol:

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - A Florida police officer is being punished for handcuffing and ticketing a doctor who was speeding to deliver a baby.

Doctor Anthony Chidiac was driving his motorcycle ten miles over the speed limit last March when he was pulled over in Fort Lauderdale.

According to police records, when the doctor said he was on his way to a delivery, the officer replied, “What are you delivering, pizza?”

The doctor delivered the baby 15 minutes after he got out of the handcuffs and was ticketed.

The officer has agreed to a 16-day unpaid suspension rather than being fired. A citizen board will review the case April eleventh.

Well I hope that guy sues and wins cuz that is some fucked up stuff right there. I bet you that was a rookie cop out to prove something to the pd he worked for. Sad, just sad.

Back