Tokico/GC question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cut bump stops in half
throw dust covers in trash
:)

the end

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 21 2004, 09:56 PM
cut bump stops in half
throw dust covers in trash
:)

the end

Yea, I cut all the bumpstops, but I used the 1.5 inch's of the dust shields like they said, and you know what? looking at it it was the most usless why to waste five minutes I have come up with yet. But you have to have at least the washers from the top of hte dust shields, if not then the hat will sit too low, and not be able to tighten down.

You can break the washers off the top of the dust covers and use them on their own.

So you're saying you had less front end nose dive and more turn in response?

More turn in response. Under hard braking the nose barely dips. it's cool. But on the way home from the store I noticed the infamous sleeve rattle, and now that I noticed it, I won't be able to ignore it. When I come back from Iraq I will be ballin', so I am getting some real deal suspension JIC, Silkwoods, GAB, something real nice. I ain't fucking around anymore.

Throw some rubber pieces in there to pad it out or something. :)

Originally posted by xkwzt21@Apr 21 2004, 10:05 AM
another thread jacking in progress, but here is your answer...the bumpstop is a little foam rubber thingy that goes around the silver part of the shock (refer to picture above)...Refer to Calesta's answer regarding the use of the bump stop.

ok i still dont know what a bumpstop is, or where its at, or even what it looks like. sorry john :)

16spring.jpg

that black cube on the strut is the bumpstop.

I did in fact completely remove mine, and haven't had a problem with it, but when I put my new coils in I will double check to see what kind of risk I think there is.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 22 2004, 12:11 AM
I did in fact completely remove mine, and haven't had a problem with it, but when I put my new coils in I will double check to see what kind of risk I think there is.

If your spring rates are high enough and you didn't lower your car too much, you'll probably never bottom out the shocks... but having some kind of bump stop in there is generally a good thing. Energy Suspension makes some good progressive rate polyurethane bump stops- I have a set on my truck right now, and they're pretty nice.

Hahaha, even Ground Control told me that Duct tape is the preffered method for stopping the rattling.

And GSRCRXsi, the bumpstop is the rubber bushing at the bottom of the piston shaft.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 22 2004, 12:52 PM
Hahaha, even Ground Control told me that Duct tape is the preffered method for stopping the rattling.

quality :thumbsup:

:lmao:

Back