Top 10 auto-centirc Movies

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Straight up, WRONG. A lot of movies are definitely missing (and no, i dont mean F&F or Driver).

Yeah, i dont agree with it either.

So, What's your top 10 list?

Ronin should be on there IMO. i don't think i could make a top 10 list...

yea...i agree...Ronin should definitely be up there

I think they are referring to cars as a character in this list. if you noticed the trend they are all between 1968-1979. so it's probably an older writer coming up with this list. as far as cars as characters i definitely think "the transporter" should be a consideration. but doesn't have to be on top.

it's a tough list to make. i'm surprised "christine" wasn't on there. but i think they were also looking at car chases and wrecks. what about "the blues brothers" that was one of the greatest car scense in movie history.

I thought Bullit in its time was supposed to be the most dramatic car chase on film until the one in the French Connection. I liked the second GOne in 60 seconds better, kinda campy, but it pays omage appropriately to the original. The original was amazing considering the budget.

How about the imfamous Bronco SLOW speed chase...not a film per se but desrving of a mention.

There are 4 on the list I havent seen, better get down to blockbuster.

8. "The Vanishing Point" (1971)

6. "The Driver" (1978)

5. "Le Mans" (1971)

1. "Two-Lane Blacktop" (1971)

These arent ringing a bell..-off to IMDB to see if I know the movie from late night TV but just don't know the title..

The over representation of early 70 films suggests the author of the list is a boomer. He would have been an impressionable teenager watching these at the Drive-in. I, even at 41 (the very last of the 'baby boom' generation) was too young to have seen most of these first run. Saw most of these on late night TV.

WHich one is the one with the Blind DJ and the White Mustang running flat out cross country in the desert flats?

I would be very interested in others's suggested lists.

Last edited:
in no particular order...

gone in 60 seconds (new one)
wraith
back to the future
driven

theres more but i cant think right now. IMO ronin shouldnt be considered a car-centric movie. sure theres a badass car chase, but the rest of the movie has nothing to do with cars.

Back