top speed on gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tweakman

my friend said that he got his teg above 140. but i thought on a gsr the govenor was set at 130.... is he full of shit? Its a 98 gsr stock

depends on the tranny and I believe I hit 148 with the S4 tranny, GSR should be able to hit that.

depends on tire size... but gear wise, it can hit 155-ish on stock 195/55/15s and it will pull to 140 -ish, give or take the innaccuracy of the speedo at those speeds

we hit 145 in si's... im sure we can get 150 in a gsr

I hit 144 in my 00 Si when it was stock, with 4 people in the car...on a VERY long strait away.

I hit like 130 in my '00 Si with 4 people (all of whom were drunk, damn hollywood athletic club). Then I got pulled over...

Originally posted by 2fastaccord@Nov 3 2003, 02:14 PM
Damn that's fast! You are a loco mofo to hit 144 with 4 people. I bet you had some scared passengers.

Peace*

no, its long, strait, and the road has afence running all along, therefore no animals can run out and go wham, plus the three other people in the car are more adventurous than I am. AND this was about 3 or 4 years ago...I've grown up since then and I hardly go past 75 on the highway...

lol

140 in my '02 SI. Took a little bit to get there, but I did it. Top speed is actually, 138, in the SI it will never go faster than that, unless you have bigger tires, longer gears, transmission, downhill. It is like that for every car, my speedo read 140, I had bolt-on's, so maybe the speedo was off. I was in the car with my gf too.

Originally posted by jiahanhao@Nov 3 2003, 03:01 PM
The top speed listed for an ITR is only 147 tho. Like I said: if you're going downhill...

but the type R tranny is shorter meaning you get better acceleration, but the top speed is lowered. The GSR tranny is longer so you can go faster without hitting red line. Hell if you had the power to do it, the LS transmission in fifth at 8000 RPM's is 181 give or take a few miles per hour.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Nov 3 2003, 03:09 PM-->
jiahanhao
@Nov 3 2003, 03:01 PM
The top speed listed for an ITR is only 147 tho. Like I said: if you're going downhill...

but the type R tranny is shorter meaning you get better acceleration, but the top speed is lowered. The GSR tranny is longer so you can go faster without hitting red line. Hell if you had the power to do it, the LS transmission in fifth at 8000 RPM's is 181 give or take a few miles per hour.

181 is even good enough to outrun the po-po!

Originally posted by liquid00meth+Nov 3 2003, 08:37 PM-->
Originally posted by asmallsol@Nov 3 2003, 03:09 PM
jiahanhao
@Nov 3 2003, 03:01 PM

181 is even good enough to outrun the po-po!

to get there, you have to have a monster setup running 600+hp but yea, 180 is pretty fast.

Originally posted by tweakman@Nov 2 2003, 08:31 PM
my friend said that he got his teg above 140. but i thought on a gsr the govenor was set at 130.... is he full of shit? Its a 98 gsr stock

Honda's / Acura's do not have govener's just rev limmiter's!

Originally posted by sisteve@Nov 3 2003, 02:27 PM
I've grown up since then and I hardly go past 75 on the highway...

lol

:bs: :bs:

Originally posted by SLA+Nov 3 2003, 07:56 PM-->
Originally posted by tweakman@Nov 2 2003, 08:31 PM

Honda's / Acura's do not have govener's just rev limmiter's!

:bs:

they do.

jeef

I've grown up since then and I hardly go past 75 on the highway...

lol

:bs: :bs:
[/QUOTE]

How about 3 weeks ago when we cought air and I broke the seat in bills hatch? lol

Back